19 | angel's breath

A/N: I am so in love with this song so this had to be the song of the chapter because finneas is like ksksk he's such a genius

     Also I love this chapter
     And I think you would too uwu

     Happy reading!

     NEIL COULDN'T SLEEP a wink last night as he tossed and turned in his bed

     NEIL COULDN'T SLEEP a wink last night as he tossed and turned in his bed. Even after talking to Mr. Keating, the boy never found Presley anywhere, no matter where he looked and who he asked.

     Todd decided to keep his plan a secret. He had convinced Presley to talk to Mr. Perry last night but he never heard anything about what had happened. So he decided to keep it to himself in case things went downhill.

     The words kept haunting Neil as it echoed through his mind. He couldn't even begin to fathom how he should stop acting. How he would quit the play. It was all too much. His father was being too much.

     Upon hearing the news of the confrontation, the boys were deeply concerned for Neil as well. They all knew Neil's father was such an asshole, and what kind of temper the old man has. And judging from how silent Neil was during dinner the next day, he had no intention to bring the topic up.

     The only sound that could be heard was metal against porcelain as the boys ate their meals silently, not knowing what to say. The other students seemed to be fine as they chatted away, but not the Dead Poets, not a single word was uttered.

     Meeks was getting tired of the silence as he starts to nudge Charlie, indicating the boy should say something. Charlie only shoots him a confused look, and a somewhat glare that said he was not going to say something.

     Knox was eyeing Neil, whose attention was solely focused on his food, not bothering to look up at his friend. Actually, Neil wasn't even eating, he was just playing around with his food using his utensils.

     Todd sat awkwardly beside Neil. He wanted to say something but can't bring himself to open his mouth. He hasn't been like this in a long time, and it irked him to say the least. He wanted to be able to reassure Neil that everything was going to be fine, despite not knowing what would actually happen.

     Pitts was not any different. He was starting to purposefully bring a spoonful of food to his mouth in slow motion to get the others' attention and elicit a few laughs. But no one paid mind to him at all. So he sat there, and kept his mouth shut.

     Cameron was smart to stay silent. Even if the boy was rather obnoxious, he knew it wouldn't be the best thing to do. Though he rather finished his food quickly, the feeling of concern still ate at him, despite the fact that he wasn't all that close with Neil.