Chapter 5

Chapter 5 Color and Medicine Field

Lin Luoran takes the pot with the fleece flower in it. Fleet flower is a natural medicine to blacken hair. It can be found everywhere by the corner of houses in the countryside. Eating fleet flower can really make people's hair blacker. Lin Luoran can't figure out the reason why it parallels panaceas like ginseng and Ganoderma.

Perhaps this is because the plant is too young to have stronger efficacies.

The leaves of the fleet flower are dusty. Lin Luoran feels embarrassed to take the dusty plant to the mysterious space so she fetches a basin of water to wash it. However, it puzzles her that the fleet flower still looks dirty after she has washed it several times.

She feels something wrong. Lin Luoran moves the pot to the balcony to have a closer look. She then finds out the strangeness.

These leaves are clean enough, at least in the normal way. The reason why Lin Luoran thinks it is dirty is that there are wisps of gray smoke around the whole plant. Besides, a stream of green smoke is stretching in the center of the vine. Every time the green smoke spreads, the gray smoke backs off a little bit; when the green smoke draws back, the gray smoke extends. "Smoke" of two different colors seems to be having a great and lasting battle!

For now, the green smoke is losing...

Lin Luoran wishes to look a little longer, but her eyes are dry. She have used them too much. Lin Luoran closes her eyes but her mood swings.

Did she just see Reiki, or the life essence of plants?

Lin Luoran takes a deep breath and opens her eyes. Probably the fruit does not just change her appearance. Something more beautiful and magical might have happened to her.

She looks back at the fleet flower. This time, the gray and the green smoke are gone, and the plant is wilted again.

Lin Luoran can only see the gray and green smoke when she is concentrated. She feels blessed and looks up to the outside through the security window.

The advantage of an old neighborhood is that the flowers and trees were planted years ago, and they have grown quite tall and strong. Not far away from her window is a tall hibiscus. It is the flowering season. Pink and red flowers intersperse among green leaves, presenting a beautiful and lively view.

Lin Luoran takes a careful look at the hibiscus and finds the same green-and-gray-smoke situation happening to it. The two kinds of smoke are in a stalemate. Being different from the fleet flower, the thickest spots of the hibiscus's green smoke are around the flowers.

Moreover, the gray smoke is also flowing in the air, being inhaled by innocent passengers.

Lin Luoran is startled. She hurries to look back at herself.

The gray smoke is rushing at her and flowing around. However, it is scared off by an invisible demon at approximately a meter from where Lin Luoran is standing.

What? Why the gray smoke can't get any closer to her?

She is nothing different from anyone else...except for the bead on her waist!

Tied on her waist, the mysterious bead is quiet and glimmering a little. Lin Luoran discovers that the glimmer has formed a one-meter dome around her. She chuckles for figuring out another effect of it.

If the green smoke is the essence or Reiki of plants, the gray smoke must be the fug of the world. Living in the fug, no wonder people get so many weird new diseases as technology develops.

Back in the old time when plants cover a great part of the planet, there must be green smoke everywhere. Just from this point, it certainly is the time to yearn for.