Chapter 33

Chapter 33 Confusing Relationships

Lin Luoran tidies herself up and goes downstairs. She knows that Baojia doesn't have the habit of eating breakfast, so she cooks some noodles with a fried egg and takes them with her in a lunch box.

Baojia is snickering, "I heard that last night there was a big show outside the military compound. Someone blocked the way to hijack a girl then a hero rescued the beauty!"

Baojia grows up in the military compound, thus, it is natural that she is aware of what happened last night. Lin Luoran assumes that the more she explains, things may get more confusing, so she lifts the lunchbox in her hand and says, "I will throw the breakfast of love away if you keep talking nonsense!"

Baojia puts on a flattering smile, "All right! Dear big sister, can I have a taste?" Then she grabs the lunchbox from Lin Luoran and eats the noodles up.

The two of them joke and laugh along the way and arrive at the company just in time.

Coincidently, they come across Liu Zheng in the parking lot. Liu Zheng smiles politely at them and walks in his exclusive elevator with his assistant.

"Master Liu certainly lacks a sense of romance." Baojia takes off her sunglasses and says carelessly.

Lin Luoran knows that Baojia doesn't mean it. She ignores Baojia's words and asks her with a smile, "I haven't asked you yet. What is your relationship with our boss? He even shows up in your grandpa's house..."

Baojia bursts out a dry cough and withholds her answers. She steers clear of the crucial point and says, "It is a lovely day today!"

Lin Luoran has nothing to say since Baojia says the weather is good in an underground parking lot. She rolls her eyes to Baojia and goes to work by herself.

Thanks to Liu Zheng's idea of adopting the young lad in the name of Lin Luoran's parents, she now has to think about buying a house. Baojia currently lives in a new residential district, but Lin Luoran has little interest in elevator apartment.

A garden to grow flowers can be her parents' emotional sustenance after living in a new environment. A house with garden... Lin Luoran suddenly feels short of money.

Should she cut open the raw stone she left in Baojia's place, or maybe buy another one like she did before? Lin Luoran has a hard decision to make so she leaves it for now and braces herself up for work.

Business is good today. All the salesgirls are busy as bees. Seeing Liu Mei dealing with two customers on herself, Lin Luoran steps forward and takes over the one who seems not so well-off.

Lin Luoran's gentle tone and knowledge in various jewel and jade help her sell a diamond ring. Although it is just a 0.6 karat diamond ring, Lin Luoran is happy with her first sale in the industry.

Liu Mei finishes her work and winks at Lin Luoran who is smirking, "If you open your mouth earlier, much bigger diamond rings would have been sold."

Lin Luoran rolls her eyes. Liu Mei is talking about those middle-aged men who keep badgering Lin Luoran these days after seeing her beautiful face behind the counter.

Lin Luoran will never be the mistress of those paunchy men, before or after walking on the path of cultivation.

The other salesgirls are jealous of Lin Luoran and secretly gossip that her aloofness is faked. They even tell terrible rumors about Lin Luoran that she doesn't earn the life she has by work, because her clothes are decent and she often comes to work in a BMW.