six

"Arlen, I don't want to. I have no one to dress up for."

"You can wear it for me then. I'd have said wear it for Key but you'd look too wonderful and I don't want to share my husband." Arlen said as he dragged me into the La Senza. We were both dressed comfortably. Matching tie dye crop hoodies and black jeans, I had a beanie on, burying my dark hair. La Senza. I haven't been here in a while and I had enough pieces to wear in the comfort of my home and not for something sexy.

Arlen doesn't let up and I felt myself giving in. Ten minutes later I had couple hangers of underwear, lace romper, velvet chemise, lace garter, sheer cami with lace trimmings and matching shorts, velvet booty short with fishnet and the final one that caught my eyes was a high waist faux leather booty short with strap out sides and removable leg garters.

"I thought you didn't have anyone to dress up for." Arlen teased, a smug look on his face. I wanted to reach out and smack him.

"I don't."

"What about the guy you're talking to on lovematch? don't you want to send him something cheeky?" Arlen asked and I let out a huff.

"What if he's a pervy old dude?"

"He's not. We've seen his profile and he shows a bit of himself on his status updates." Arlen said and I sighed. Lovematch had a new update and with it came posting of your status, kinda like instastory. Nate doesn't post anything with his face on it but he does videos of him walking, shoes, the sky, his hand around a cup, and one time, he posted a cute video of the biggest dog I've ever seen.

He definitely didn't look like an old man and he doesn't text like one either. I was actually excited about our call today, we've been texting all week. Little jokes here and there, asking about our days and that one time where Nate couldn't sleep, we talked about the saddest films we've ever watched. His was Leon the professional and mine was marriage story. The pain, the lack of joy, how they fell out love with each other. It was like watching one of my greatest fear play out.

I haven't told Arlen about the phone call, I didn't want to jinx it yet.

It was also sort of exciting to think about. I could put on one of these pieces, take a picture and send it to Nate. In his profile, under likes, Nate had just simply put lace, so he might like this.

"Oh I can see the wheels in your head turning. Are you really going to do it?" Arlen asked, walking up close to me. He was smiling widely, brown eyes looking bright. He was so happy about this that it somehow showed in his eyes.

"I'm not." I said but it came out weak.

"Ohhhhhhhh! You're definitely going to do it. Oh, he's gonna bust a nut. Have you seen you in lingerie?" Arlen asked and I chuckled. Arlen had only seen me in lingerie once and he never let me forget. It's been two years already.

Arlen also picked out a couple of items before we both walked over to the counter to pay for it. We picked up lunch from one of the restaurant close to the house. Jaden had opted to stay home and work on some assignments instead of going with us to the mall. Thankfully. Imagine Arlen and I picking out lingerie while Jaden was waiting outside. There were some things Jaden shouldn't know and shouldn't have to know about me and my best friend.

We got home in record time and I quickly took my bags over to my room, stuffing them in my closet. I then walked out and over to Jaden's room, knocking on the door before pushing it open. Jaden was fast asleep, pen in hand and head right on his book.

I ran my fingers through his hair, smiling down at him. It was a bit past two and knowing Jaden, he'd have only snacked on bread instead of making something. I shook him gently.