Shopping

Chapter 12

Author's POV

Manya was going back when Arhaan stopped her.

"You cook very well, Manya. The dish was very delicious. I don't eat spicy foods but after tasting your handmade food I will try that type of food for sure." Said Arhaan.

For the first time someone except Sehgal family praised her. She used to do all the work in her own house but no one ever appreciated her efforts.

After listening Arhaan's words Manya felt so happy. She said thanks to him with a full blown smile.

"You look beautiful when you smile. Keep smiling, Manya." Said Arhaan, making Manya blush and she said good bye to him.

Arhaan's POV

After returning from Sehgal Mansion I reached home because meeting was cancelled. All were sitting in the living room. I told them about our success of the project with the Sehgals and the party next week. They were all very excited about it.

"I'm so happy for you, bhai. I'm so excited. I have to do shopping for the party. I will ask Amrita Bhabi and we'll go shopping." Said Khush while jumping with enthusiasm.

"Party is not tomorrow, Khush, it's next week so you have lots of time for your preparations." I said and she pouted and hit me on my shoulder.

"You are so mean, Bhai."She said with sadness and hugged mom while sitting on the sofa beside her.

"Okay, don't get sad now. I will drop you tomorrow at Sehgal mansion. After that you go wherever you want to."

"Thank you so much bhai. You are the best."

"Before sometime you said I'm mean and now I'm the best. Please, Khush, stand up to your statement." I said and ruffled her hair and ran towards my room, laughing at her angry face.

"Bhai you... I'll kill you." Said she. She want to run behind me but mom stopped her and told us to freshen up because dinner was ready.

After freshening up, I had dinner with all my family and returned to my room. I laid on my bed thinking about today's events. I recalled the conversation with Manya. When I told her to keep smiling she looked beautiful and she blushed.

She was looking so beautiful. I want to see her happy. Thinking about her beautiful smile I also smiled. I was still smiling like a fool when Khush graced my room with her presence and broke my chain of thoughts. I stood up from bed.

"Bhai? why are you smiling like that? Asked Khushi while showing her thirty two teeth. I know you are thinking about a girl." She said.

I was shocked to hear her. How did she know that I was thinking about a girl?

"Who is the girl?" She asked.

"No one! I was not thinking about some girl stop talking nonsence. And tell me why are you here?" I asked trying to be cold and authoritative.

"I know Bhai, you were thinking about a girl. Your wish, don't tell me. But I will find later. I was here to tell you that I called Amrita Bhabi and we three are going to shopping tomorrow." She told me.