Rakhshabandhan

Chapter 16

Author's POV

Next day Manya was watching TV with Yahaira in her room when Deepika entered there with a packet in her hand.

"What are my little flowers doing?" She asked while standing behind them.

"Oh Dadi! I'm watching Doraemon with bua." Said Yahaira while stuffing her little mouth with popcorn.

"You and your craze for Doraemon!" Exclaimed Deepika, and turn towards Manya.

"Manya, tomorrow is Rakshabandhan and this is your dress for tomorrow."

"Sorry mumma, I forgot about it completely." Said Manya with a guilty face.

"No beta, don't feel like that. It's okay. I prepared all the things for tomorrow." Said Deepika. Manya nodded in approval.

"Dadi, where is my dress?" Asked Yahaira, pouting and looking at her Dadi with an innocent expression.

"Oh my pouting queen! I gave your dress to your mumma." Said Deepika and gave a kiss on her small cheek.

"Okay now get down for dinner." She said and left.

"Let's go, Bua, I'm hungry." Said Yahaira and hugged Manya.

"Okay, let's fill your tummy with yummy yummy food." Said Manya while laughing and picked her up. They went downstairs and ate their food with all.

Next morning, Manya woke up and got ready for rakhshabandhan. She wore a wine coloured palazzo suit and wore golden jhumkas with it. She was not a fan of makeup so she applied a light coloured lipstick and eyeliner.

Then she went downstairs, into the living room where all were waiting for her.

"Oh, look at Manya, mom, she is looking so beautiful in this dress." Said Amrita. Deepika nodded with a yes and kissed Manya's forehead. Manya smiled at them.

"You are looking gorgeous, princess." Said Arjun and side hugged her.

"Thank you, Bhai, you all are also looking good." Said Manya.

"Let's do the ritual, Manya." Said Deepika.

Amrita and Arjun both sat together and Manya applied tilak on Arjun and Amrita's foreheads and tied the rakhi on Arjun's wrist. She did the arti by rotating the thali in a circular motion infront of them.

She fed him sweets and tied a bracelet rakhi on Amrita's wrist and put sweets in her mouth too.

They both gave her a gift together. Manya shook her head to deny and told them that it's not necessary and that, their love is enough for her.

"No bacha, it's a ritual and it's my right to give this to you. So no argument and accept it. Open it now." Said Arjun.

Manya received the gift hesitantly. It was a mobile phone."

"I've saved all the numbers in it. I remembered that you need a phone. So I thought it is the best gift for you."

"Bua you will give me your phone for watching Doraemon, right?" Said Yahaira.