Chapter 6: Dirty Dancing Part 1

Alastor had to admit, Angel Dust definitely knew what a good dance club looked like. This one was a place the Radio Demon had never been, but had heard about along the chain of higher class demons, and not demons with more power, but demons with more style, who still liked to do things that weren't hardcore sin. The club the pair now stood in was definitely one of those places.

A neon sign above the club entrance read, The Jitterbug, which was already enough to make Alastor like the place because the name was a reference to what you call a person who dances swing, Alastor's favorite dance. The Jitterbug didn't look very big on the outside, but once they entered, Angel Dust and Alastor saw a wide staircase leading down, revealing that most of the club was underground, allowing room for a very spacious dance floor, which was good for giving the dancing demons enough space to move as much as they needed or wanted. A long, classy bar with three bar tenders sat on the right side with red cushioned bar stools, there was no wall behind it, so you could see into the kitchen, where many demons prepared food. At the very far end was the place where the DJ would put on different songs, and on the left side was a long row of cozy, leather padded booths that waiters would roller skate around the dance floor to get to from the bar. Whenever a different song would come on, the lights would sink with the song's beat and blink different colors. It wasn't even ten seconds, and Alastor was in love with the place.

"Good evening." Said an imp who was dressed like the waiters and bar tenders, obviously part of the service, "Welcome to The Jitterbug. As you enter, please keep in mind that this place is a DANCE club. We ask kindly that heavy sexual activity be acted outside of the club. We also ask that you act civilized while you're here. Other then that, have a great time?" The deer and spider gave bright smiles and waved to the imp as they passed him. They sat at a nearby empty booth and gazed out at the many dancers on the floor.

"You definitely know how to pick a good dance club Angel." Alastor could already feel a part of him being drawn to the dance floor, but would wait and see if Angel wanted to dance with him.

"I was actually kinda worried I ended up picking a sex club to be honest. Those are the kinds of clubs I usually go to anyway. This is a nice change of pace." Angel also felt him being drawn to the dancing. The two looked at each other as a new song came on. It was a very uplifting song and had a catchy rhythm.

"Wanna dance, Smiles?" The spider held out his hand, which the Radio Demon gratefully accepted as they stepped into the dance floor. As the first lyrics to the song began to play, Alastor put his hands on Angel's hips and the spider wrapped his arms around the deer's neck. They began their dance with quick steps that matches the fast pased beat.

Swing boy, brother swing.
Come on, swing begin.
Swing boy, brother swing.
Don't stop, swing begin.

Suddenly, the waltz the pair had been doing stopped, and something new took it's place. Alastor and Angel Dust stood back to back, feet tapping to the beat as they got ready to start their real dancing.

Boys and girls, shake your knees.
Clap your hands, snap your fingers and sing.
Here comes dancing ring.
The king of, the king of swing!
Clap your hands, snap your fingers, and sing.
Brotherswing.

As if lightning had just struck them, both demons slid to the same right and spun so they faced each other again. As the female singers voice sang the chorus, the two joined hands as they pulled closer together, their feet then matching the other's steps as they went into a rhythmic tap dance of sorts, Alastor then twirled the spider around by one hand as they leaned away from each other, and then snapped back together.

Swing boy, brother swing!
Come on, swing begin!
Swing boy, brother swing!
Don't stop, swing begin!

Swing boy, brother swing!
Come on, swing begin!
Swing boy, brother swing!
Don't stop, swing begin!