Year 2-3 | Eat Slugs

❝︎Watch your filthy mouth Draco or I won't watch mine❞︎

2-3: Eat Slugs

I watched as a group of Gryffindor quidditch players in their red uniforms walk along the corridors, Hermione and Ron sitting beside me on a bench. My eyes caught a glimpse of a set of green uniforms marching their way towards the Gryffindor quidditch team, the Slytherin team. The two team captains walked towards each other and started to talk about something.

"Oh no, what now," Hermione said rolling her eyes. "Let's get closer," She said dragging Ron and I with her. We stopped next to the Slytherin team and a boy standing next to me gives me a dirty smirk.

"..Permission to practice today.. going to need to train their new seeker. You've got a new seeker? who?" Gryffindor team captain, Oliver wood asks. No doubt he was a very cute guy, I would be head and heels over him if he was younger. The Slytherin team parted to reveal Draco, the new seeker.

The boy who smirked at me earlier who seemed to be a year older put his arms around my waist. I caught a glimpse of Harry's eyes looking at the hand around my waist until Hermione slapped it away pulling me towards her. He then looks at me and then back at Draco who was now standing in front of him.

"Malfoy?"

"That's right, that's not all that's new this year," Draco says showing off his new broom, the Nimbus 2001s. I noticed that it wasn't just him with the broom, every other Slytherin had it.

"Those are Nimbus 2001s! How did you get those?" Ron said surprised.

"A gift from Draco's father," The Slytherin team captain said.

"See Weasley unlike some, my father can afford the best," Draco said and the Slytherin team looked over at Ron giving the nastiest smirk.

"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in. They got in on pure talent" Hermione snapped. Draco's eyebrows furrowed as she walked towards her. Hermione did not back down and stared at him right in the eye.

"No one asked your opinion, you filthy little mudblood."

My eyes widened as anger took over me. He does not get to call anyone a mudblood, especially not my best friend. Everyone seemed to gasp as Hermione just stared. Before I could do anything Ron raised his wands and pointed it at Draco.

"You'll pay for that one Malfoy, Eat Slugs!" The hex backfired on him sending Ron flying backward. We all rushed over to help him up leaving the Slytherin team laughing behind us.

"You okay Ron?" Hermione says kneeling beside him. Instead of answering, Ron's face becomes pale as he starts gagging. Not long after, he throws up a slug. We all groaned out in disgust and Colin flashed another photo. Harry and Hermione both pick him up as Ron continues to throw up slugs.

"Take him to Hagrid, he'll know what to do." We both rush over towards the corridors to head to Hagrid's when Malfoy and his team stand in front of us.

"Nice one Weasley," Draco said laughing.

Impulsively, I rose my hand and slapped him cold across his face making him lose his balance and fall. The Gryffindor team let out laughter as everyone from the Slytherin team glared at me.

"Watch your filthy mouth Draco or I won't watch mine. You call my best friend a mudblood one more time and I'll get your dad fired before you can finish" I said coldly shoving everyone else to the side running with the trio to Hagrid's hut.

~***~

Hagrid came back in his hut carrying a bucket furrowing his eyebrows looking at Ron."This calls for specialist equipment," He says handing the bucket to Ron so he can throw up in it. "Nothin' to do but wait till it stops I'm afraid.." He says sitting across from us. I can barely look at Ron's pale face as he throws up another slug. "Better out than in.. who was Ron trying to curse anyway?" He asked.

"Malfoy, he called Hermione... Uhm... Well, I don't know exactly what it means," Harry said not knowing what to do. Hermione got up out of her seat facing away from us with her arms crossed.

"He called me a mudblood."

"He did not!" Hagrid exclaimed as his eyes widened bigger than ever.

"What's a mudblood?"

"It means dirty blood," Hermione turns back with tears in her eyes looking back at Harry. "Mudbloods are a very foul name for someone that's a muggle born. Someone with no magic parents, someone like me. It's not a term someone usually hears in a civilized conversation." She took a deep breath in and I quickly walked over, wrapping my arms around her shoulder attempting to comfort her.

"See the thing is Harry, there are some wizards, like the Malfoy family who think they're better than everyone else because they're what people call 'pure bloods', sorry Evelyn I don't mean this towards you by the way," Hagrid said.

"That's horrible!" Harry explains as Ron throws up another slug into the large bucket.

"It's disgusting."

"There isn't a wizard today that's not half-blood or less," Hagrid says looking over at Hermione again. "More to the point there ain't a spell that our Hermione can't do! Come here" Hagrid motions towards Hermione who walks over and holds Hagrid's hand. She now had a faint smile with tears filled in her eyes.

"Don't you sink on it Hermione, Don't you sink on it for one minute eh?" She shines Hagrid a bigger smile.

We waited for Ron to finally stop throwing up slugs. His face was so pale the whole time I felt so bad for him. We all walked out of the field and back into the corridors when Harry pulled me back.

"Do you need something?" I asked in confusion.

"I just.. I.. Are you alright? I saw that Slytherin guy put his arms around your waist" He asks. I chuckled a bit, he was adorable.

"Never been better, thanks for asking."

"You know if you'd like me too, I'll hex him for you," he said, making me laugh.

"Harry Potter you barely know any spells let alone hexes"

"I'll learn them," He laughed back. "For you."

꧁♡꧂

Thank you for reading my story! Commenting / Voting greatly helps the growth of this story :)