Year 4-8 | Partner

"The yule hall.. Has been a tradition of the Tri-Wizard tournament since it's inception. On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests gather in the great hall for a night of well mannered party. As representatives of the hosts I expect each every one of you to put your effort in to putting your best foot forward and I mean this literally because the Yule Ball is a dance" Profesor McGonagall announced as the room filled with whispers. The girls were seated on the left side of the room and the boys were seated on the right. The girls looked excited versus the boys who seemed to groan.

"Silence! Now to dance, is to let the body breathe. Inside every girl, a secret swan lives. Inside every bot a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr Weasley?" Professor McGonagall looked towards Ron.

"Yes?"

"Will you join me please?"

Ron walked up towards Professor McGonagall as the Weasley twins mocked him.

"Place your right hand on my waist, extend your arm.. Mr. Filch if you'll please" Profesor McGonagall guided Ron's hands as the music started to play. I've been to many balls, including the Malfoy ball. Formal dancing was something I learned as a child and I was confident in it.

"One two three..." The two started to dance as the Weasley twins continued to mock Ron.

"Everybody come together! Boys, on your feet!" The girls got up fast while the boys stood sitting down avoiding eye contact except Neville

"Everybody come together! Boys, on your feet!" The girls got up fast while the boys stood sitting down avoiding eye contact except Neville. He stood up and walked up to Ginny asking her to dance. Followed by his lead the boys started to get up one by one asking to dance.

"Would you like to dance with me?" Seamus offered me his hand. From behind him, I met Harry's eyes when he stopped walking towards me hesitating.

"Actually Seamus, I already have a partner" I smiled a little and walked past him towards Harry who looked at me with a smile.

"Evelyn I-uhm, would you like to dance with me?" He asked nervously. I let out a soft laugh, it wasn't even that he was asking me out to the Yule Ball but I still felt happy.

"Sure" I replied with a smile. He returned the smile and walked closer, placing one of his hands on my waist and the other on my shoulder. I led the dance moving with the music, he was a horrible dancer.