13.

Peyton.

"Final check up everyone, we're on in five minutes!" Murdock yelled all around the backstage of the runway, today was the day of the expo, after having an amazing holiday with my best friend and his new cat it was finally time to showcase my work to the world.
.

Surprisingly today Kol had been nicer, threw a nice compliment toward me, and I was stunned into silence, I don't know why he was acting like a full on son of a bastard and now like the prince charming Shawn swoons over.

I had to make sure that this expo would be the best for a long time and putting Mel's advice to work I made sure Kol would see what he missed in a see through white shirt, pants that showcased my ass perfectly, and block heels.

"You ready to show the world your creations and get Kol harder than he's been his whole life." Doc stated with a grin and I nodded. "Yes I am, though I'm slightly nervous because what if I end up just embarrassing myself." I confessed knowing I was getting cold feet.

"Peyton you're not backing out now and I swear I'm not letting that perfect pair of black boots that I can't wear for two hours go to waste with your bitch ass being nervous, you've got this okay." I nodded as I tried to reign in my nerves.

"I can do this, I've done it before." I mumbled to myself whilst wearing the final earpiece. "Hey Peyton, thanks for the invite, this is my boyfriend Brian he's a huge fan, couldn't leave him behind." I smiled toward Ty and his very cute boyfriend.

"You guys are so cute, and I love your bag." I compliment and Brian could barely contain his excitement. "Thank you, thank you, I really want to hit the big time like you one day." I chuckled as he responded, Brian reminded of myself when I was starting in the fashion industry.

"Peyton one minute." Hilda announced. "I'm sure you'll get there and if ever you need help just ring me up, I have to go, so find your seats and wish me luck." I asserted slightly walking away. "You don't need it, Peyton!" I heard Ty yell from behind me and I chuckled to myself.

The two had helped me calm my nerves as the show started. "There are a lot of people out there, a lot of mags and entertainment exhibits, unfortunately, Mel and his husbands couldn't make it, their surrogate just got into labor." I slightly frowned when Doc finished, I wanted Mel and his family to see me do this.

But in a way he would see it later so it lessened my frown, peeking through the curtain my eyes moved across the sea of people until they landed on Kol and his father, they were directly at the end of the runway giving them the best view, surprisingly his wife was there as well but anyone could tell she wasn't here with him.

"You saw it too huh?" Hilda exclaimed next to me. "Yeah but it's none of our business." I immediately replied closing the curtain. "Peyton you know you can't keep hiding it from us, I know something happened between you two, and now after those abysmal weeks where he criticized your work badly he suddenly sends you I'm sorry chocolate, that's very suspicious." I wondered how she knew about the chocolate.

It was true that Kol had gotten me apology chocolate for reasons unknown, only Murdock knew about it as I had ignored it and left it by the make up table assigned to me. "Hilda stop making assumptions, it's bad for you." Doc contended and I sighed in relief as she mock surrendered but I knew sooner or later she would bring it up.

"Its time." Murdock exclaimed and I turned to see the first models walkout, I was shocked however to see them wearing the designs Kol had criticized and ruled out as garbage. I wondered why he had done that and now showcased them.

"Why, how?" I questioned Murdock as more models walked out with my designs and some from the rest of the design team. "I promised I wouldn't say, so you'll find out on your own." My best friend replied making me question a lot of his motives.

"Murdock what part did you have in all this?" I sternly asked and he rolled his eyes. "Nice try being scary, any way you were going to leave and this was the best way to ask for forgiveness according to you know who, he said he'll explain in time but he needed you to just trust him, I don't even know if I trust him, but if it helped in you staying then I was all for it." I turned completely to face Murdock baffled by his response.

"I still wonder why you're single, and also you didn't have to go through all this just to get me to stay, you already convinced me during the holiday, this is just wow." I tried finding the right words to express how I felt but my mind was on a tailspin.

I wondered what Kol was up to with everything he was doing and how I barely appreciated Doc for all the things he did and does for me, so instead of using words I hugged him. "You're welcome Marls." I chuckle when he uses my second name.

"Now go show the CEO that your ass is ready for a pounding from him." He added and I smacked his arm. "That's inappropriate, and I'm certainly not, he's going to have to do a lot before my cookie jar is open." I flicked my tongue out at Murdock as I made my way to the beginning of the runway.

The show was almost complete and I was one of the final showcases of the night. "I can do this, I've done it before." I mumbled before the flashing light landed on me and everyone was silent until a burst of applause came from the crowd, I walked with the same poise and confidence they taught models.

Kol and his father were on their feet clapping, I did my pose and walked back, as the flashing lights of cameras burst from all directions, I was finally able to heave a sigh when I made it backstage.

"That was awesome!" Murdock yelled and the rest of the team clapped for me as well. "I swear I think I saw a hard on in Kol's pants." I smacked my perverted best friend again. "Stop it Murdock or I'm kidnapping Mr. Fluffkins." I threatened and he gasped.

"You wouldn't dare." He shot back. "Try me, honey." I replied making him glare at me before strutting away with one of the floor managers. "Peyton it's time, you're on again." I knew it was the viewing of those who designed which collections.

Hilda and Shawn went first, as they came back Doc went ahead of me and took a while before he came back. "You look great." I heard a whisper in my ear before his cologne overtook my senses. "Kol." I mumbled as his hand rubbed my back with a gentle squeeze on my ass.

"Peyton you're on!" One of the managers yelled bringing me out of whatever it was I was experiencing. "Kol." I choked out as he groped me again. "You have to go on stage babe." He whispered again and my confusion increased.

"Peyton, come on!" I was called again, too conflicted on what to do I moved toward the man nagging me to go on the runway, leaving a smirking Kol behind. The lights flashed on me and the models with my designs, we walked forward as the crowd applauded.

Flowers were thrown toward us and a specific one from Mr. Tempest, I smiled toward him grateful as he cheered me on, finally, we turned around to walk back. I was still confused by what had happened but I knew it wasn't a dream.

Kol was there, and he touched me, it felt so good to have him touch me, to feel his hand on my back, I was already falling with just a touch, I was hopeless.

+++

LMJ