24.

Kol.

It had been a perfect six months away from my family, the drama that came with that family, and all the things I hoped to avoid for both me and Peyton, being with him in Europe made me realize that what I had with Kat wasn't love, I had settled to believe it was love because I had found no other way to explain it.

I had succumbed to the pressures of social standing and my mother, that I ended up mixing the idea of loving someone and actually being in love with someone, now I was clearer on the two, the couples therapy was what we needed even though I found no reason for it, I still went ahead with it because I wanted to be better for Peyton.

Anger management class had also been helpful with my outbursts of rage, I was glad Peyton signed me up for it, now I could think clearly without being rash about things because my anger got in the way, as well as treat Peyton right, I will still threaten him as he is mine and mine alone but I will also respect him and cherish him because that's all I can do for all that's he's done for me.

I wondered what my mother would do when we got back, would she be proud of my decision, threaten Peyton to leave me, or better yet fake an illness and demand grandchildren because she was dying and the best person to have given me kids was no longer in my life, I was bracing for it all because I knew how she could get to have her way, but I wouldn't allow it anymore, I wanted to live my own way, my own life, my way.

I was also starting to think about my siblings, they had all refused to take over the company from dad but still enjoy the money that came from that same company, I wondered if they would ever grow up and change their way or would they rather stick to enjoying the benefits of money they didn't work for.

Thinking about my siblings also made me question my father's intention on why he was placing assets in my name and my boyfriend's, I had only mentioned it to Peyton as something not worth investigation because I  didn't want him to worry but now that I see that a quarter of the company assets and shares had been put in Peyton's name I'm starting to question his motives.

I knew he didn't have ill will toward my boyfriend and I but I wish he would tell me, I was hoping to not stress Peyton more than necessary as this meant that Xalvic Corp was practically in his hands as well, though I would remain Ceo because well I was the only competent child, it was still baffling.

I needed answers and it was the first thing I would have to do as the plane lands in North City, I began to worry about what my siblings or mother would do if they realized their worst nightmare had happened.

They were all racist and on top of that they never wanted someone to have a say in the company who wasn't a shareholder or family member, even though they were absent, it was amusing how they were both hypocrites and absent on the business front but still have the gall to want a say in the company.

I also wondered if this was what my father wanted, maybe he finally wanted his kids to work for themselves and not depend on money they never worked for in their entire lives, it made me angry thinking about my oldest brother Harvey, he should've been the one to take the reigns of CEO from dad a long time ago but he refused until I was old enough to take over, even though my sister Emily could have done it.

Now dad was constructing some kind of plan which I had no idea how to go feel about or process, all my internal conflicts needed answers and I would do anything to get them, but my first priority was the curly-headed beauty who was currently laying his head on my chest as the flight cruised toward North City.

I felt the need to protect Peyton more than ever now, I had my enemies in the business world, and also Kat's father wouldn't be pleased with the way I broke up with his daughter, I knew he would come for me in his spiteful revenge which I needed to prepare for, I could feel a slight headache coming on as all that I had avoided for the past six months was now crashing down.

I guess Peyton was right, we should've just eloped, stayed in Europe, have Xalvic corp change it's main branch to Europe and we would have stayed there and not have this mountain of problems coming downhill for us. I sighed breathing in the scent of Peyton's hair, no chemicals, and his curls were amazing and they smelled of roses and pine at times lavender which always helped me sleep.

A new chapter of our lives was about to start and I needed to be strong for Peyton, I needed to be his man and always be by his side, I knew Peyton had insecurities because I was once married, though we had worked through it with couples counseling, the shrink had told me personally that I needed to prove to myself and Peyton that when things got tough I would stick by him, and that's  what I intended to do.

To always make sure he was loved, protected, and respected and any decision that needed to be made was done together as a couple whether with our personal lives or business, voicing out where the other had gone wrong and also no secrets, that had been a major one during counseling, we both had secrets and over these past months every dark little secret I had,  Peyton knew, and I knew about his abuse, his mother's disapproval and all the bad things he did to survive and become the man he is today.

I didn't judge him for it, I saw beyond the person he was before to the person he became after he fled and chased his dreams, his past wasn't forgotten but forgiven and we both had moved on perfectly from it, that is the other reason why Europe had been such a good thing to have happened to my sweet pea and I, we were in love.

"We have arrived in North City, fasten your seatbelts, make sure all carry-ons, devices, and any other property are put away as we make our descent." The captain of the private jet announced and I buckled in Peyton, put away our gadgets, and steadied for descent. "Are we there yet?" He mumbled still drowsy from his sleep.

"Yes baby we're here." I responded as he tried to tangle himself with my body again but the belt wouldn't let him, I chuckled watching him as he did so, it was childish and cute but that's how I loved my baby, he was all mine.

The plane skidded on the asphalt as we finally landed and came to a stop afterward. "Finally we're back to this horrid place." Peyton mumbled glaring at the sunset outside the window. I knew he was grumpy because his sleep was disturbed and the change in time as well took a while to adjust to.

"Let's get you home." I exclaimed unbuckling his seatbelt and carrying him out of the plane bridal style. "Hello son." I was surprised to see my father waiting outside by his black jeep. "Hello father, sorry he's kind of grumpy." I mumbled hoping I wouldn't wake up Peyton again.

He chuckled and opened the back door us, I climbed in and he got on the driver's side. "Bring those bags here and the rest after it's processed, bring to the address I gave you." I instructed my assistant, and he nods with a smile.

My father turned on the car and we were off toward the house Peyton and I had bought, I had a feeling we would spending the rest of our lives in that house.

+++

LMJ