31.

War of Hearts.

Peyton.

Kol was rushed into the ER, after so many hours of sitting and doing nothing he finally got out, I was relieved to hear that there wasn't any injury to his person except the bullet that should've been mine, there would however be damage even though the bullet missed any major veins, he would need to stay off his leg for it to mend properly.

Kol would obviously showcase his macho man bravery, I chuckled at the thought of my possessive boyfriend strutting around proudly because of a bullet wound, it would amusing. I never wanted to feel so helpless ever again, to feel so lonely and alone that the silence of a hospital seemed to be repulsive.

I still couldn't cry, the events of the previous day still replayed in my mind like a movie scene set on replay, over and over again I would see the man who held his gun, shot the bullet yet Kol was able to save me in time, I didn't know how to repay him for what he had done for me, I didn't know he loved me so much so that he would take a bullet for me.

It was unbelievable but real, Mr Tempest had stayed the night and left to get refreshed, I wondered how Kol's mother had not come running to find out if her son was okay, didn't she love him enough, or was her hatred for me so strong that she didn't want anything to do with him, I knew she had knowledge about Kol and I's relationship, I just didn't expect her not to be here.

Speak of the Devil.

"Oh my baby, which room Jamie, I need to see him?" She frantically spoke in front of Mr. Tempest as I got out of Kol's room and locked it, she was supposed to have been at the hospital last night when her husband told her everything that had happened, but it was almost day end that she decides to show up with bad acting skills.

"You!" She screeched before raising her hand to slap me, I caught the hand and tossed it back to her making her stumble back. "Its all your fault, this wouldn't have happened if you hadn't shown up in his life, you and your fifth are just bad luck, you don't deserve him!" She yelled and I remained calm, her words wouldn't hurt me, all I wanted was for Kol to wake up.

"I'm not the reason why your son is in a hospital bed, but that reason will come very soon, I may not know if it was Kat or a joint operation with someone but I sure as hell know you're involved, your hatred for me led to this." I pointed to Kol through the window. "You're the one with a passion for hate toward someone you don't even know, I came into his life and I made it better." I harshly replied making her flinch.

"What, how did you make it better when my family is crumbling, you came into our lives and took my children's fortune, brainwashed my Kol to cut off his siblings, and you claim to have done nothing!" She yelled and I found my number one suspect in the failed assassination of Peyton Lake.

"How dare you accuse me of things that I didn't do, Kol was unhappy, borderline depressed before I came into his life, did you even know that, I didn't brainwash him I merely opened his eyes to the leeches stuck to his back sucking him dry for his hard work, I did nothing but save Xalvic corp you ignorant hypocritical racist bitch!" I spat out that everyone near us heard us and they all looked shocked.

"See how monkeys act when they have no leashes to be tied to." Her words made me lose it and that's when I slapped her, no one stopped me, no one batted an eye, not even her husband. "How dare you hit me, you mulato scum!" That's when I knew where her hatred stemmed from and how she could never change, she lunged for me but the guards quickly held her back.

"Let me go!" She screamed, I gestured for the guards to let her go. "You want to fight me, come on then fight me, do you think I have any respect for you after what you said, do you think I will hold back, I have witnesseshere and I'm going to make sure your son knows about what you said!" I screamed in anger as the pain from my past all but surfaced.

"You may hate me but you're the worst mother I've ever seen, Kol is better off without you, any child is better off without you." I stated angrily. "That's true!" Someone yelled from the nurses that had gathered to watch the scene unfold. "Do you think you're anything special, I will get Kol to leave you, I will get him back and when that happens he'll throw you away like the trash you are, you homosexual slut, homewrecking whore!" She snapped back and I chuckled bitterly.

"I may have been the home wrecker you so desperately want to blame but at least I gave Kol freedom from your clutches, I was the slut who finally gave him what he needed, a home and love that would never run out, so blame me for saving your son from that pathetic  existence you had put him in but I'm proud to be that slut that saved him, proud to be who I am even with the judgment that comes with it, because it's my life and I'm living it!" I responded proudly making everyone around us applaud.

"You don't love anyone Meredith, you love you and that's the truth, so don't you dare come here parading like you love him because I know you don't." I asserted as she silently glared at me, I walked closer to her. "I know you had something to do with this failed attempt at killing me, it's only a matter of days Meredith, and when I have enough proof I will bury you six feet under myself for ever trying to cross me and mess with my life." I whispered and she stumbled back.

"You wouldn't dare!" She screamed but the fear was evident as she lunged for me again and I backhanded slapped her. "I told you I have no respect for people like you, you're a woman older than me, but I'm not afraid of letting you catch these hands." I warned then turned back to face my guards and a proud looking Mr. Tempest.

I knew what I needed to do as I had instructed my guards to lie to the police that the man who had tried to assassinate me was dead, when in fact he wasn't, he had already confessed that Kat had paid him for it but there was a second party he knew but wouldn't talk, all I needed was a confession from him and Kat so that I could get justice for my man.

"She's not allowed anywhere near this hall, only Mr. Jamie Tempest, Murdock Shaine, and myself are allowed in there along with the doctors." I order and they nodded, I headed inside to find Mr. Tempest wiping tears away as he sat by Kol's bedside. "I married a nightmare." His voice was low and broken. "I'm so sorry." I comforted and wrapped the man in a hug, I could understand what Mr. Tempest was going through and I wondered if he could survive knowing his wife almost got her son killed.

"Don't be Peyton, it's my fault, I was too blinded by love that I didn't see what she was becoming, she used to be beautiful in my eyes but now, I don't know how to describe her, I'm so tired Peyton my boy." The confession hurt to hear and seeing him like this hurt so much, I couldn't offer anything except my comfort.

"I guess it's time I finally went through with the divorce, it's the other reason why I removed everything from my name, I wanted her to take what was owed to her not the ridiculous amounts of money she claimed." He asserted and I knew this was a long time coming, I sighed as we both released each other from the hug.

"I need to fix all this Peyton, finally get rid of her before something else happens that will break me more than what's already been done." He added and I nod to him because I had no words that I could offer to comfort him. "Kol and I are here for you, remember that." I exclaimed and he chuckled. "I can never forget my boy." He replied walking out of the room and I turned to place a kiss on my boyfriend's forehead."Wake up soon Kol, I need you."

+++

LMJ