26

"What does this mean, Liam? "

I ask with a shy voice, afraid to even hope he's saying what I think he is saying because I know how bad it feels to have your hopes destroyed. Still holding me in his arms Liam kisses my forehead before putting his hands on my shoulders pushing himself away from me enough to look into my eyes when he talks.

"Don't know, Nataly... I still don't know what exactly means all of this, it doesn't depend only on me, you know? What would you..."

Before he could finish his question, Mary, Logan and other guys get out of the house searching for us and running towards where we are as soon as they see us. Liam's face gives his annoyance away so there's no need for anyone to ask because they know they just interrupted something important. 

"Are you guys ready to go caroling? "

Mary asks holding our papers with the lyrics up so Liam and I would take them, we both nod but without actually meaning it. I want us to finish our talk, I want him to finish his question so I could tell him what I want all of this to mean for us. But we don't have the change, at least not now and I surely hope we will have it later. 

"Hey, Nat, Merry Christmas." 

Taylor comes to my right when we start walking towards Alicia's house since she leaves on the other side of town. We decided our caroling concert will start from her house back to Liam's.  

I didn't even know Taylor was invited to come with us tonight, but I am happy someone thought about doing it, because I think he's a nice guy and since our so-called double date, we kept in touch talking every time we had the opportunity at school. He's easy to talk to and we have a lot in common considering he likes to read SF books and watch pretty much the same TV series as I do.

"Hey, Taylor! Merry Christmas to you too."

"How are you?"

Liam puts his hand around my waist pulling me close to his body in a protective way I didn't find necessary right now. Taylor's eyes move from my face to where Liam's arm is resting rolling his eyes and holding back a burst of laughter. 

"She's fine, Tom. Now keep moving."

Liam's words make me hit him the way he taught me using my elbow to punch his stomach making him gasp and tightening his hold on me. I lift my head to meet his eyes frowning at him, warning him to be nice to Taylor. I know Liam hates him ever since we got on that stupid date, but I told him a million times he needs to stop being an asshole to Taylor.

"Ignore him, Taylor," I say rolling my eyes pretending he's not even there. 

But instead of Liam shutting his mouth and letting me speak with the poor guy, he finds himself talking and annoying me.

"Yeah, Tom, why don't you do just that and ignore both of us for the rest of your life. "

"Liam!"

I warn him pulling away from his arms before he could reach for me again. Fortunately, we arrive at Alicia's and we start singing Silent Night smiling at Mr. and Mrs. Milles who greet us with cookies and hot chocolate. 

After singing and wishing them a Merry Christmas we start walking again to our next stop, we do this for almost two hours and every single time we stop singing Liam and Taylor are fighting or making fun of the other. Liam keeps putting his hands on me in a way I am not sure I am comfortable with like he's trying to show everyone I'm his even if we both know I am not.

When he leaves me going with John to his room to get I don't know what Tayler comes to me putting his hand on my shoulder in a friendly gesture.

"I am sorry about this, Nat, Logan invited me and I didn't think Liam would get like this about me being here..." I shake my head putting a smile on my face.