Chapter Nineteen

A month after my grandfather's birthday I was lounging around my house when I received a text from David. 

 "Dinner date at 7. Dress formal."

I hadn't seen him in a few days because he had shifts back to back so he usually went back to him moms instead of coming here. I honestly didn't mind, I liked that he was still a family man who loved spending time with his family. I got to spend most of my time with him anyway so it was good he got to spend a few days with them too.

I texted back asking him what he was planning but he didn't reply. We hadn't been to a "formal" date ever since we met and I wondered what he was on about. I didn't care what kind of date we had  as long as it was with David. I treasured each and everyone of them. Formal date huh? I tried not to think too much about it but I couldn't help it.

It was three in the afternoon and I only needed about an hour to get ready so I had three hours to kill. Better get to designing then. I was releasing a new clothing line in about two months and everything needed to go perfectly. There would be a fashion show where I'd get models to showcase what I had been working on the past few months together will all my other designers. I had really put a lot of thought thought into this because the biggest part of the collection was for kids and I'd never done that before. There was always time to try new things right. George's twins had already agreed to be part of the models and it was fun watching them practice their walk. I was hoping to get Elena to participate too. I don't know if her mom would agree but I'm sure Elena would love it. I'd talk to David about it first to get his view on it before I asked Sarah.

Ten minutes to six I cleaned up my workshop and headed to my bathroom to get ready. I took a shower and shaved everywhere. I wasn't sure if it was going to be THE night but a girl can never be too ready. David and I hadn't done the deed yet. We teased each other a lot and had heavy make out sessions but it never went past that. I don't know if I'd say that I was ready or not to pop my cherry but I don't think I would mind having sex with David. To be honest I was looking forward to it but neither of us made the move.

We'd come pretty close a few times but something always held us back. David knew that he would be my first and maybe that was making him skeptical. I wasn't waiting till marriage or anything like that. I knew David was the one I'd end up with eventually so whether we had sex now or after marriage didn't matter to me as long as it was with David. Better table those thoughts for later though because at the moment I needed to get ready.

I got out of the bathroom after a well deserved shower and washed my face properly. I then brushed my teeth before walking out of the bathroom and into my closet to get ready. I put on a strapless black bra because of the dress I was going to wear and matching panties. Sitting down I did my make up and my hair which was dyed a fiery red at the tips. I did a winged eyeliner, some, eyeshadow and red lipstick. Putting on my accessories and a pair of black heels I felt good. Time to put in the dress. It was a red number with spaghetti straps and a wrap design so that one side looked longer than the other exposing a lot of thigh. It was a little out of my comfort zone but I preferred showing off my kegs rather than my cleavage and that was properly covered. I also wanted to look really good for my first formal date with David as he put it. I grabbed a small black bag with a silver chain and put my essentials in it. A jacket or coat would ruin my look so I settled for a simple silk wrap that could easily come off.

Feeling confident that I looked good I walked out of my room and towards the living room. As always George was there shouting at the TV. He wolf whistled when he saw me making me chuckle. He could be such a child sometimes.

"You look good sweetheart. What's the occasion and why am I not invited?" He asked.

"Date night with David and you're welcome to join." I replied.