Chapter Thirty Seven

One Year Later.......

"Why are you dressed like a giant bunny?" Andrew asked walking into the living room where I was drawing designs on my iPad.

"I designed a small one as a Halloween costume for a kid in the movie and I thought why not make a super giant one for me. It's so soft and comfortable."I said smiling at him.

"You're weird."He commented with a laugh taking a seat opposite me.

"Ah but you love me."I said poking out my tongue at him.

"Sad but true."He said and I chucked a pillow at him which he ducked.

One whole year of living with Nina and Andrew and it had done wonders to my life. I had recovered my old self before I lost my heart and I was happy again. Not completely happy but I didn't cry everytime I saw a diapers commercial remembering how I lost my baby or loose my mind whenever I heard the name David. My life was stable now and I owed it all to my friends and family. They had been with me through the whole difficult journey and I would be forever indebted to them.

"I'm going to miss you."Andrew commented.

"Me too but it's time to go back home and besides you're work here is done so I can't stay here on my own."I reasoned.

Nina and Andrew were done with all their projects in South Africa. We had moved around a lot and had lived in all major cities for short periods of time shooting the movies but now we were back in Cape Town. I would have loved to stay longer but they were moving to Botswana for more work and it was time for be to be going back home. A while year away from my family and friends was too long. I missed all of them dearly and I couldn't wait to see them.

"Drew get your ass back in here. These dough won't knead itself." Nina yelled from the kitchen and Drew groaned running his hand over his face.

"Don't look at me, you're the one who married her."I chuckled.

"And I've never regretted it and I never will."He replied getting up to leave.

Andrew and Nina were goals when it came to the perfect couple. Sure they had their bad moments but they worked through them. I liked how Andrew understood that Nina was more of a dominant than a submissive and he loved her anyway. He didn't follow her around like a puppy because he still had his own voice but he allowed her to take lead in most things. Not many men would be able to do that and that's why I admired their relationship. I got jealous sometimes seeing how halo they were and I would never get to have that but for the most part I was happy for them.

"Do you guys need any help?" I shouted when I heard them argue over what dessert to make.

"No we're fine."They replied simultaneously.

I picked myself up my bunny costume and all and went to my bedroom to finish packing. Nina was throwing a going party for all of us and had invited the few friends we had all made. I was not in a partying mood but I wanted to see all my friends one last time before I went back to Kenya.

I had already packed up most of my things but I still needed to get all my shoes sorted out. I was not leaving anything behind. I had a lot of stuff that is purchased and gathered over the year but I was only taking a single suitcase and a carry on with me on the flight home, the rest would be shipped to me later by Nina. I had already donated a lot of stuff and the rest that I couldn't part with which was still a lot was coming with me.

I grabbed a huge box and started packing in my shoes. I had gotten quite the obsession with boots over the last year, seeing as I always wore one around my neck but it was a healthy obsession or so I told myself.