Chapter 38 Jungkook

As soon as Jungkook left, he called Yoongi to tell him how things went. 

He picked up after the first ring. He explained the situation as shortly as possible with a sense of disappointment that he didn't get to pretend that he was your boyfriend. Maybe that was what he needed to end this marriage: for you to get a boyfriend. Seokjin has probably heard enough to propose an alliance of the tech departament as a start, and if he saw that Jungkook was actually competent and not just some child that got into a position he didn't deserve, he wouldn't care that he got divorced so quickly. 

Something told him that it would be harder than it seemed. 

"Wait, what was the guy called again?", Yoongi asked. It sounded like he just woke up. 

"Kim Woojin. Why, do you know something about him?"

"No, it just sounded familiar. And you really just left her? What would her parents say?"

"Why would I know what they'd say? They wanted her to meet that guy and it was an unfortunate situation that I was there."

"Dude, you're so stupid. You don't even know that guy. What if she's super uncomfortable with him? You're just leaving her there alone?"

"I told her to text me if something is up. Or something along the lines. I think she got the message." He was about to drive through the tunnel again. "I'm about to lose the connection," he noted.

"Don't you at least want to check on her?"

Before Jungkook could reply, the connection ended. Great. 

He did follow Yoongi's advice though. He sent you a message with 'Is everything alright? How is it going?'

He couldn't lie, he did feel a little stupid and useless. But he knew that it wasn't your fault. And it wasn't like you would've enjoyed the situation if he pretended to be your boyfriend. He mostly did it because he found it cute when you got mad at him but couldn't do anything about it. Of course, he would never admit it. And he also thought it was cute how you always agreed to all the stupid plans just to help him out. 

He realized he might have been a little mean. 

He was thinking about what he could do with his free time when he got at home and how he might as well try and get some work done when he noticed that you still haven't replied to his message yet. 

Either things were going really well or completely the opposite. 

He sent you another message, trying not to sound too clingy. But Yoongi was right, if something was up, he should check up on you. 

He pulled over when his phone started ringing, but it was only Yoongi. 

"What happened?"

"You might want to check up on her."

"Why, what did you find out?"

"Remember when I told you that his name sounded familiar? That's because it is. There was a huge scandal six months ago."

"Go ahead."

"Didn't you say he had his own start-up company?"

Jungkook nodded, before realizing that Yoongi couldn't see him, so he said that he did. 

"It's not his. He lied."

"I already had some presumptions. But why would he do that?"

"Because he got fired." He didn't have to ask why, Yoongi was summarizing what he read in the article. "Turns out there were several allegations of assault, but his boss didn't believe it."

Yoongi continued while Jungkook was already getting the engine started again. He was going to get a ticket if he got caught talking on the phone. 

"Some girl gave him the last straw when he showed him a video where Woojin tried to grope her."

He wanted to slam his head on the dashboard. Now he was not only an idiot but also an idiot that set his friend up to be traumatized. 

"Where are you?", Yoongi asked after a few moments of silence. 

"On my way back of course. She didn't respond to my messages. Something must be up."

"Want me to call the cops or anything?"

Jungkook thought about it. "If you're onto the wrong Kim Woojin and the cops show up, it's going to be a huge shitstorm. Plus, if I speed up a little I might even get there faster."

There were several other problems that Jungkook didn't voice out loud: whether or not the police were necessary, if they showed up there was going to be a huge scandal as soon as someone found out. And they would eventually find out. And what was the probability that it was the same Woojin? Maybe this guy was actually nice and he was just overthinking it. 

He knew this was probably a bad idea, but he called Jisung. He thanked God that they exchanged numbers just before they left. 

"Hello Jungkook, what happened?"

"Are you with your parents right now?"

There were a few moments of silence before he said: "Not anymore. Why?"

"I forgot something at your house and Y/N isn't answering. I guess she went outside with Woojin. Is there a spare key I may use?"

"Sure. I always forget my keys at home. Look into the red flower pot. There's one under the stones."

"Thanks!"

"And don't even think about stealing the Iron Man costume."

It did bring up a smile on Jungkook's lips, despite the situation. 

"I wouldn't dare."

He had around six minutes left to drive, but if he sped up a little, he could arrive faster, before anything bad could happen. Meanwhile, he tried calling you several times, but it was of no use.