05 | ᴀʟʏᴀ

I awkwardly stare at the table in front of me

I awkwardly stare at the table in front of me. I could sense his gaze on the side of my head but I didn't want to face him. Not after what he did. He had crossed the limit.

The whole class was grouped into pairs, we were supposed to make models of human organ systems. Zach and I got the circulatory system. I always did my projects on my own, for obvious reasons.

No one wanted to be partnered with me. Perhaps, my life would go this way, without friends.

The intensity of his stare increases. I look at my wristwatch, the class is almost over. After our last encounter, I don't want to even look at him.

"What's the big deal about it?" his voice is low, huskier than ever. I feel an odd feeling at the pit of my stomach. I meet his eyes, making sure my face is blank of any emotions.

"How would a girl feel if someone pulled up their skirt?"

His face falls.

The bell rings on cue. I gather my belongings and stand up, not looking at his face once. I don't have the energy to go through more.

"I'll do the project by myself," I say without facing him and leave, all while feeling his stare on me.

. . .

I smirk at my handwriting in the walls of the bathroom. I hear a couple of girls come in so I hide in one of the other cubicles, listening intently.

After exactly three minutes, a gasp resonates through the walls. The door opens and I hear whispers and more gasps. Guess my plan will work, I again smirk to myself.

Zayd was so going to regret messing with my headscarf.

Once the bathroom is empty, I walk outside and catch my reflection in the mirror before walking outside, a grin permanently etched on my face.

Let's see how long it takes.

I walk to my locker and take out my books for the next class. I hear whispers around me as I walk to my calculus class. It's really difficult to not smirk, believe me.

The class is plain hilarious. Everybody is whispering and the teacher, Miss Pearls looks like she's about to cry. I look at my nails and act nonchalant while all I want to do is laugh my heart out.

He hated it when I made comments on his "masculinity".

"Zayd? OMG really?"

"How did you know?"

"Kasey caught him kissing Theo."

I almost lose it when I hear the last one, that wasn't even my doing. You know what they say- truth travels by bike, rumours travel by plane. And, people sure loved adding spices. I'm so going to enjoy this.

By the time the classes are over, the whole school is talking about the same thing. I catch the sight of a very red guy next to the stairs and I feel guilt seeping through my veins. Poor Theo.