07 | ᴀʟʏᴀ

I couldn't stop myself from grinning

I couldn't stop myself from grinning. I let out a small giggle before I can stop myself. Zayd turns his head and looks at me as if I've grown two heads.

He mumbles something about my head going through serious damage. I roll eyes, it was just a small cut on my scalp. He'll soon get why I'm so ecstatic.

We were on our way to my home and Karim would look at us every two minutes through the front mirror (suspiciously) while driving. If he was acting this way, I could only guess how my parents would react.

Firstly, I'd never brought anyone home in my seventeen years of life. Secondly, because he's a guy. I could imagine my mother's wide eyes already, she'd probably have a heart attack.

Another giggle slips from my mouth.

And my dad.. I can't even imagine.

This time both Karim, who halts driving, and Zayd turn to look at me. I smile to myself and look outside, ignoring their stares and stifling the laughter bubbling inside me.

When the black gates come to my vision, I sit tall. Karim drives us through the entrance and pulls to the side, we get out. I find Karim glaring at Zayd who is oblivious to the death glare.

Aw, Karim is so overprotective. He's like a brother I never had. I find myself smiling like an idiot, again.

I see Zayd looking at our garden and the fountain in the middle with awe. His expression is as stoic as ever but his eyes are slightly widened, by point three millimetres and his lips twitch slightly. Let me tell you, this guy doesn't express, hell he doesn't even smile.

Except when he's about to throw some insults at me and make me feel miserable.

And this is his way showing that he is in awe.

For a second, I find a genuine smile blooming on my lips, this is the first time I've seen him in awe. Karim drives the car to the garage and I stand next to Zayd. He looks distant like he is reliving something.

"Look at that, Zayd Aaraiz loves flowers, you sure confirm the rumours," I say cheerfully. Of course, I didn't mean it. Guys can like flowers, they're beautiful after all. I just wanted to give him a sip of his own medicine.

Zayd grumbles and clenches his jaws painfully before moving over to me.

What the.. what is he doing?!

He holds my chin in an iron grip and takes a step closer, our shoes are touching. My throat goes dry.

My parents are inside!
Why am I not pulling away?

"Shut your pret- ugly mouth else I'll show you for myself how much of a guy I am."

Our staring match continues. He pulls back just in time because the moment he does so, the front door opens and my mother peeks outside.