11 | ᴀʟʏᴀ

Watching Zayd play with Leo is something else, I'm telling you

Watching Zayd play with Leo is something else, I'm telling you. I couldn't control myself from smiling, it was impossible. Zayd had a frown etched on his face but his eyes said otherwise. He looked happy?

He had grown to like Leo. Who had thought Zayd would like a kitten? It's hilarious. I guess Leo found a home.

Like I had thought, Zayd didn't help me out with the project. And he used his.. friend down there as an excuse. Currently, he had a pack of ice down there and while I was a bit guilty, the demonic side of me found it satisfying.

At least he knew that I was good at self-defence, I smirk inwardly.

I hope he can still be a father though.

I text my parents that I'll be home by eight. Dad doesn't seem happy but mom on the other hand- she's ecstatic. It's half past seven by the time I'm done with the project.

I smile at my work and stand up from the ground, stretching my legs that are cramping. I've been in the same position for too long. Zayd stands up too.

He looks at the model with wide eyes, I smirk. It looks good. My eyes fall outside the window and I gasp. The night sky looks beautiful today, the sky is clearer and there are so many stars, I find myself smiling like an idiot.

"You really like stars."

"Who doesn't?" I whisper.

I snap out of the daze and start walking outside, not before leaving Leo's cat food I had brought earlier by the door. Zayd doesn't notice it because he's busy tapping his feet impatiently, waiting for me to leave. He looks like he wants to tell me something but decides against it.

I give him a tight smile before walking outside. However, I stop when he calls my name. I hate it when I shiver.

"Yeah?"

"I- Do you want to- uh, nevermind," he shakes his head. My eyebrows draw together, now that's strange.

"Tell me?"

Zayd sighs and looks into my eyes and I look at him with those puppy dog eyes, desperately hoping it'd work. He stays like that for sometime before finally giving in. I inwardly pat myself at the back.

"Follow me."

I do that, even though my brain begs me not to. But I know what to follow. I've chosen my heart over brain. And, I'm a risk-taker after all.

I follow him upstairs in the dark, my heart thuds painfully. I'm a bit scared but curiosity overpowers my fear. I gasp when we walk into the terrace. Zayd leads me to the edge.

He climbs up the railing, I hold my breath. What if he falls on the other side? I lean on the railing and find an old blanket sprawled on the other side of the railing. There isn't much space, two feet at most.

Zayd picks it up and dusts it before setting it aside. He motions me to come over.

"I don't think I want to die ye- ahh," I gasp when he lifts me by my waist and pulls me over the railing before setting me down as if I weigh nothing.