the argument pt. four

Ben arrived behind the shed a few minutes before dinner time. He didn't see Erica yet and the thought made him laugh that he was actually earlier than punctual Erica. As he was laughing, like an idiot might I add, his feet were swept from under him. He fell back and hit his head on the wooden wall of the shed.
       "Owwww," he whined. Erica glared down at him. "Shut up, your stupid laughing is going to get us caught. Do you know how loud you were?"
          •flashback to his stupid laughing•
       "Not too loud, i don't think." Erica looked down at him with a look of, 'we both know you're lying, shut up before I make you.'
       "What were you even laughing at?" He thought about what she would do to him if he said the truth, but it didn't fully process that she would probably hurt him. Until he said it and she hurt him.
       "I wasn't late, I was just waiting for you a little further away." Ben knew she was lying and she was late but also knew that if he pressed the matter, she would do more than hurt him.
Ben stood up and leaned against the wall, looking at Erica. "So..Why did you want to meet up?" Erica looked towards her feet, looking a little embarrassed, which was odd because why would Erica Hale be embarrassed?
"I just.. I want you to wait just a little longer. For me." Ben obviously knew that she meant she wanted him to wait for them to be together, but how much longer would he have to wait? He has waited enough and was ready to move on.
"Erica, listen. I can't wait for you forever. Whenever I'm ready to move on, you pull me back and it messes up my progress. It's now or never. I'll give you until tomorrow to decide." With that, Ben walked away and back into the cafeteria. He felt a big weight being lifted off his shoulders, and smiled as he saw Mike and sat down.

i'll probably update again later today. so while you're waiting for that, please tell me how you feel about mike x ben as a ship. i have been watching so many bl dramas and it's hard to see ben and erica as a ship, but not only because of the bl dramas. personally, i feel like, in the real book, if they end up together, erica would totally change. i don't want erica to change so i've been struggling at what to write about. you, the readers, read this for berica, but i'm not sure what to do anymore. please give your honest opinions and if you'd keep reading if there was very little berica. love you all so much, have a nice day, please don't forget to comment your opinions.

oh yeah and btw can't you tell my writing has gotten better?? 🤭😌