Chp 34:

Nicolai:

I wake up to see the sun rising, she lays curled up in my arms and is fast asleep. I kiss the top of her head and smile. The breeze was pleasant and the sound of water slightly lapping was relaxing.

I pull my phone from my pocket and look at the time, it reads 7:30 a.m. . Instead of getting up; I bring her up against my chest and hold her firmly, she slightly moves and her eyes slowly open. "Oh, hey there." I smile and kiss her hand. "Good Morning." she turns to fully face me and smiles.

Propping myself up with my elbows I fully take in my surroundings. "Thank you." She whispers, I smile and nod-kissing her forehead and stand. "I'll be right back." I say as I begin down the steps and head to the lower deck of the boat.

Tessa:

I sit still and inhale the scent, it was pleasant. My phone buzzing catches my attention, I look down at my phone and realize that I have four texts and one call from Naomi. I read through each of them.

To: Me

From: Naomi

Sent: Wed, Mar 18th, 12:30 PM

MSG:

Hey, thanks so much for informing me that you won't be at work today. I really appreciate it. Call me.

I roll my eyes and read the next text.

To: Me

From: Naomi

Sent: Wed, Mar 18th, 4:45 PM

MSG:

Okay, seriously where are you?

To: Me

From: Noami

Sent: Thurs, Mar 19th, 6:15 AM

MSG:

TESSA! Where the hell are you? Kirsten isn't picking up, and neither is Nick. Are you dead? You better not be! We have a meeting today and I've asked Stella to sit in with us...you better be at work today...seriously I'm going to send a search party for you if you don't....

I can't help but laugh; Nick walks back up the steps and tilts his head with confusion. "What's so amusing?" He asks sitting across from me, I show him my phone and he rolls his eyes. "We should probably get going; I wouldn't want to make you late for your meeting." I nod and we gather up the things from the previous evening then head back to the car-my car, how weird.

The thought of it hadn't crossed my mind once we had stepped foot onto the boat, but as we walked down the dock, the dirt path, and to the area where I had parked-it hit me. "You seriously got me a car." I say stopping in my tracks, he turns to face me and looks baffled. "Yes, and you seriously already said that. Are you okay?" I giggle.

"Yes, I'm fine. It's just now hitting me...Nick, I'm still not sure that I can accept such a gift." He narrows his eyes and extends his hand. "What are you doing?", "If you don't want it than give me the keys." My eyes widen and I slightly gasp. "Excuse me?", he stands tall and still, his green-gray eyes were piercing and his lips form a firm line.

"If you don't want it, than let me give it to somebody who does...perhaps...Kirsten?", "What? No!", 'Or maybe Naomi...oh I have a far better idea, Harold! He seems like an all around good guy." I fold my arms and keep the keys secured firmly in my grasp, his eyes twinkled with humor. "You will not give it to them, it's mine." I whine. "You sound like a child." He says sounding frustrated-disappointment on his face.

I did, didn't I? "Fine, I'm sorry. Yes...you're right it's mine. Thank you." His lips twitch up into a wild grin and he nods. "Now, unlock the car. You have a meeting to attend." I nod and we climb and drive off.