Chp 20:

Nicolai:

I went to Bella's cafe for a quick lunch and took a seat after ordering my food and drink.

As I scroll through my phone I recognize a familiar voice. I look up to see Drew, Tessa's ex standing at the front of the line ordering something.

My pulse races.

A few moments later he takes a seat two tables in front of me, not noticing me.

He pulls his phone out of his pocket and puts It to his ear.

"Hey man! Yeah things are going great."

I listen. I wasn't sure why I was listening but I did it anyway.

"Listen bro, I have this awesome plan, I'm taking Tessa out for dinner tonight...yeah. No she said that her and that Nick guy.

Yeah that billionaire guys son. Yep she said they aren't a thing, so I called dibs."

"Yeah man, it's going to be great. I'm going to be great. I'm going to turn my charm on, and before I know it I'll be with her again...yeah but the plan gets even better."

I felt myself clenching my fists as I listened more.

"The best part is this, once we get back together I'm going to try and get her to get me a job at the company she works for. Bro, do you have any idea how much they pay people that work in the field that I do.

Hell yeah man, I know right. I think it's my best plan yet. Nah, she said their basically just...friends with benefits. Pathetic, right? At least once I get with her I'll be aloud to get in her pants whenever I want." He began to laugh.

I felt the sudden erge to deck him, but I refraind and stood up, I grabbed my food and threw it into the trashcan and stormed out.

The cold fall air hit my face as I stepped out onto the sidewalk and walked down the street to my car.

I got into my car and rested my head on the top of my hands that were latched around the steering wheel before starting the car and driving, I contimplated about going to tell Tessa, after a few minutes of considering I turned down the street and pulled up to her building.

As I got out and slammed the door shut, my phone began to ring "Yeah? Nicolai." I said standing outside of the building.

"Yo Nick, did you hear?" I groaned "No what?"

"Robert got his mistress pregnant." I felt my blood run ice cold as I stood still on the side walk.

"Hello? Nick?"

"Are you...fucking kidding me?"

"I wish I was man..."

I gripped my phone hard and took a deep breath. "Look now is not the time, I need to go take care of something."

"Dude! What could be more important than this? It's Tessa isn't it?"

"I have to go. I'll call you later." I said hanging up before he could say anything else.

Walking inside and towards the elevator, I clenched my fists and shut my eyes.

Anger was raging through my whole body at this point.

I finally got to Tessa's floor and knocked on the door. She answerd

"Nick.." I walked inside passed her and looked around, I saw nobody else.

"Are you alone?" she nodded, a puzzled look in her eyes, her brow furrowed.

"What is going on? Are you okay?"