Chp 16:

Nicolai:

The next morning I awoke to the faint sound of music playing and the smell of food being cooked. I crawled out of my bed to see my bedroom door half cracked open and a pair of jeans, boots, and a shirt on the floor.

Tessa's. I smiled.

I trudged down the steps to see her in my kitchen dancing around as she made breakfast.

The song Octahate played from her phone which was connected to my wireless speakers on my kitchen island.

She wore my gray tshirt and no bottoms other than her underwear, I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist, setting my chin on her shoulder.

Tessa:

I jumped, startled by the sudden feeling of someone's arms around my waist.

I turned my head to the right a bit to see Nick's head on my shoulder, he let go and I turned around to face him.

"Hi." I said shyly.

"Hi." he said with a slight smile "Smells good."

"Oh, good, thanks." I said, he took a loose strand of my hair and twirled it in his fingers than pushed it behind my ear before placing both of his hands on the side of my face and kissing my lips gently.

Even just woken up, he was still beautiful. "Uh, here." I said scooping some pancakes off of the skillet and placing them on a near by empty plate. "Thank you." He said smiling and grabbing silverware out of a drawer right behind me, he leaned into me as he pulled it out of the drawer, giving me a sly seductive grin.

I watched as he set his food down and took a seat than began to eat, "Will you be joining me?" he asked looking up.

I nodded quickly, shyly. I felt my face flush as his eyes scanned me up and down.

"You're wearing my shirt." he said his eyes were warm. I blushed again "Oh, uh...yeah. Sorry, I can go ch-" he raised his hand "To be honest, it looks better on you than it does me. You can keep it."

My eyes widened. "Are you sure I mean I-"

"Come here" I slowly did as he grabbed my waist and pulled me into him "It's fine." he said, his voice soft yet husky.

I looked at him dazed, he made me feel certain ways. Ways that I had never felt before.

"You sure do make me crazy, Miss Erickson" he said smiling up at me.

"A good kind, I hope?" he nodded "Yes of course."

The sound of a ringing phone broke up the moment. He looked to the left at his cell phone which was sitting on the counter charging. "Just a second" he said standing up as I moved away

"This is Nick?" he said, he sounded so formal, so professional.

"Oh hi, good morning to you as well. Oh well, I was actually thinking of just staying in today," he said looking to his right and giving me a comforting smile.

"I mean, I could ask. I will have to get back to you. Great. I'll give you a call in about an hour. Yes, bye." he said as I saw him set his phone down and walk over to me.

"My mother, she and Eli are going to our home in The Hamptons, and she invited you along with me."

Of course they have a home in The Hamptons, why wouldn't they? My subconscious said.

"What do you think?" he asked placing his left hand firmly on the counter, palm down and his body leaned into the counter a bit.

I considered the offer. It sounded tempting, very tempting. I had lived in this state my whole life and never had I been there.