(Chapter 26)

╣Daniel╠

"Aren't you going to get changed?" I asked, sliding my shirt off. Eric gave a gasp, and when I looked over, he'd turned away, clutching at his chest like he was on show.

"Eric...Are you okay...?"

He didn't turn around. "I'm fine," he said, his voice even more high-pitched than usual. I smirked at this thought.

"Your voice has broken already, right?"

He turned around at this, his eyes flashing exactly the way his sister's did.

"Shut up," he snapped. "Of course my voice has broken."

That would've mean convincing, if he wasn't now talking in about an octave lower than his regular voice. I laughed, and unbuckled my belt.

"Whoa!" Eric said, holding his hands in front of his eyes. "What are you doing?"

"Uh...taking my pants off?"

"Why?"

Through his hands, he'd gotten red.

"Because...that's how I sleep. With just my underwear on."

"Not tonight," he said, firmly. "Definitely not."

"God...are you some kind of girl?" I asked, pulling my jeans off. "We're both guys. And it's not like you're seeing something you wouldn't see if we were swimming, or something."

Eric pulled down his hands, slowly, and even though his cheeks were tinged red, he didn't look away.

"Fine..." he said, quietly.

"Do you want to shower first, or should I...?"

"I already have."

"Right."

I slung a towel over my shoulder, and walked to the bathroom.

***

♫Erica♫

Is it natural to be this overly-excited?!

There was the sound of gushing water. Daniel must have switched the shower on.

I had nothing to be excited about. This was just two guys, sleeping in the same bed, having a sleepover - did guys have sleepovers?! Ben never did - and there is definitely nothing wrong with that.

Right?!

I tried to calm down, and stop myself from over-heating. I pulled back the covers, and lay in Daniel's bed, trying to breathe properly.

Unconsciously, I inhaled, and suddenly Daniel's scent filled my lungs. I couldn't help but press his pillow against my face, and breathe in deeply. Damn it... What the hell was wrong with me? Pull yourself together! You are a professional actor, and this is meant to be like an acting job. You were meant to develop as an actor here. That's why you came here in the first place. What's the Director going to say, when you meet him on Saturday, and you suck?

Okay, now I was worrying in a completely different way.

What if I wasn't good enough? What if he found someone else who was better? What if I wasn't what he was looking for?

These annoying thoughts swirled around my mind, dragging me into a mental whirlpool of worry and fear. I was always like this. That's why I try not to think too much.

Well, you succeed most of the time, don't you, Erica?

I gave a mental laugh, trying to cheer myself up. That never works. When I'm like this, nothing can stop me from worrying, nothing at all -