forty two

"The horcruxes." Lyra muttered, seeing everyone in the crowd panicking, the panicked chatter was so loud, her voice was drowned out.

"Quiet, everyone!" Lyra's voice boomed, and it was all silence in a second.

"Don't panic, and gather everyone to the seventh floor. Right now! GO!" She shouted, causing everyone to quickly follow her orders, while her friends stayed in the Great Hall, walking towards her.

"Mum, I need you to grab the medical supplies in the Hospital Wing, bring Mr. and Mrs. Potter with you." Lyra told her mother who hesitantly nodded before leaving the Great Hall with the two Potters.

"Dad, send a patronus to the ministry, make sure that they move secretly, we don't want them alerting the death eaters." Lyra told Apollo who nodded, and pulled out his wand, casting the Patronus.

"Lily, you and the girls make sure everyone gathers in the seventh floor, do you hear me? Get the Prefects and do a dorm sweep. Don't let anyone separate themselves." She ordered the red-head who nodded in determination, leaving the Great Hall with the rest of the girls.

All that was left was Lyra, the marauders, Nott, Rosier, Narcissa, Lucius, Regulus, and Snape.

"Sev, I need you to grab all the potions I told you to start brewing last year, and go to the seventh floor, do you hear me?"

Severus took a deep breath before nodding and rushing out of the room, leaving the group alone. The ground shook once more, indicating that the protective barrier was getting weaker and weaker.

"We need to do this now. " She told the group who was looking at each other nervously.

"But we need the Room of Requirement for the others, where are we going to destroy the horcruxes?" Peter asked.

"I know just the place." Lyra closed her eyes, dreading to visit the place that gave her terrible memories.

"We need to go get them all now." She ordered, leaving the Hall and breaking into a sprint towards the seventh floor with the others following behind.

The group arrived and squeezed their way in front of the blank wall. She paced back and forth tree times.

I need a place no Death Eaters can enter

And as Lyra expected, a large door appeared, confusing the large crowd behind her.

"Get in, all of you!"

Everyone began to walk inside, wondering what room it was, and Lyra made her way to the corner of the room where a small cabinet laid. She glanced at her friends who nodded at her, while James squeezed her hands reassuringly.

"We've got this." He told her.

"We've got this." She repeated.

"Lucius, Cissy, I want you to explain what's happening to the crowd. Nott, Rosier, I need you to guard the doors, make sure no one leaves the room without my permission, do you hear me?" She ordered sternly, before handing her arm out,

"Accio bag!"

Her bag flew to her hands and she said once more, "Accio mirror."

A piece of mirror flew to her hands, and she handed it towards Nott,

"This is a two way mirror I have one in my pocket, and when somebody leaves or enters, you tell me first, alright? Make sure no one else leaves until we get back."

They nodded in understanding before Lyra piled all the horcruxes inside her bag.

"We don't have much time, let's go!"

With that the small group left the Room of Requirement, following Lyra to the first floor.

"Where are we going?" Remus asked, glancing aside warily.

"We're going to the chamber of secrets." Lyra made eye contact with the group.

---

The group of six entered the girl's bathroom on the first floor, surprisingly, Myrtle wasn't there.

"The Chamber of Secrets is in the girls bathroom?" Sirius asked dumbfoundedly.

Lyra simply ignored him before staring at the sink,

"Open."

Instead, a hissing voice came out of her mouth, causing her friends to stumble back in shock.

"You're a parseltongue?" Regulus asked with wide eyes,

"I'm not. Harry is." She answered hurriedly, watching the sink open, revealing a hole.

It's true, because Harry took over her for a few seconds, enough time to open the chamber.

She quickly jumped inside and landed on her feet, followed by her friends who landed on their bottom.

"We have no time, we need to move quickly!" She hurried them, jogging towards the chamber.

"What is this place?" Peter muttered,

Lyra let Harry take over her once more, letting him open the door. The snake sculpture in the door moved once she hissed out the word, and she took a deep breath when all the terrible memories resurfaced.

"Love, you alright?" James asked worriedly.
"I'm fine." She mumbled, before shaking herself out of her thoughts and entering the chambers.

"Where's the basilisk?" Remus asked, watching his surroundings carefully.

"He's asleep. Won't be awake until someone wakes him. Won't be much of a difference because he'll be dead when we start the Fiendfyre." Lyra answered curtly, pulling out the horcruxes and placing them on the floor.

She turned towards her friends who stared at her determinedly, just in cue as another large rumbling happened above them.

"Are you ready?" Sirius asked her, gripping his wand tightly, along with every other person in the room.

"As I'll ever be." Lyra breathed out, clutching her wand tightly.

"We do this together. In 3, 2 ,1."

With that, the group focused on casting Fiendfyre

They nearly passed out in exhaustion once they left the chambers in fire. Fiendfyre was a hard thing to cast, and if not done correctly, could be extremely fatal to those cast it.

"We have no time for a break." Lyra told them, eventhough her body was screaming at her to lie down.

She pulled out a bunch of Pepperup potion from her bag and handed it towards them.

"Let's go."

------

They arrived back at the seventh floor, seeing dozens of Aurors, the Order and the Professors sanding in front of the wall.

"Professor Dumbledore." Lyra greeted the man, who looked at her worriedly.

"They're almost done." Minnie announced them, looking outside the window where the barrier was visibly breaking down.

"We did what we had to do.. It's just him now." Lyra told them, grimacing when she felt a shot of pain course through her head.

Not that she was going to tell anyone, but the Fiendfyre exhausted her the most, she knew her friends needed all the strength they had, so she pushed herself and drained herself.

"What was it that you did?" Apollo asked his daughter.

"He had horcruxes. We destroyed them with Fiendfyre." She told them. "Oh Merlin." She heard Professor Slughorn say.

"How many?" Dumbledore questioned her.

"5."

"Oh Merlin!" Slughorn cried out, realizing that he was the one who released information to Voldemort.

"This is the Final Battle, Sir."