xvii. undone

THE EXORCISM OF WILL BYERS AND SIMILAR BIZARRE OCCURRANCES

↬•↫

in which it seems as though nothing could get worse, and then everything does

undone | the mind flayer

〖 watch me as i unravel, i'll soon be naked - lyin' on the floor, lyin' on the floor, i've come undone 〗

watch me as i unravel, i'll soon be naked - lyin' on the floor, lyin' on the floor, i've come undone

↬•↫

tw : ignorant homophobia, mentions of emotional abuse, genuine psychopathic murderous urges

extremely long chapter

-caleb has some pretty dark murderous thoughts in this chapter, and not in his usual playful way-

↬•↫

NOTHING.

Caleb felt nothing as he was dragged outside of the building, he felt nothing as those blackhole eyes stared at his appearance in horror, he felt nothing as he was forced into the back of a familiar Chevvy truck and he felt nothing when he was ambushed into a hug he couldn't return - because he felt nothing.

There was a whining in his ears, like feedback from a speaker, and he thought he was crying but he couldn't be sure. Someone was, there was this deep sad feeling trying to break through the bubble of nothing surrounding him, and there was someone close to him - too close - and they were talking and he couldn't hear because he felt nothing and he heard nothing and he saw nothing.

It was a long time before the fog finally lifted enough for him to see the head of red hair lying on his shoulder, and he did his best to acknowledge his friend in some way but the world was still blurry and he fell into a troubled state of unrest for the duration of the journey, occasionally jolting awake with soft cries of Bob's name as if he were re-living the moment it all went wrong over and over again.

Snippets of conversations registered in his mind every once in a while, but he chose to block them out after he overheard a man talking about how they had gotten Bob out, but it had been too late.

The truck came to a screeching halt and he groaned, wincing as the whining in his ears seemed to increase when the door he had been leaned against was pulled open to reveal a wide-eyed Steve Harrington.

"Jesus Christ, kid." He breathed, reaching over to undo the seatbelt Dustin had pulled over him clumsily. "What the hell happened to you?"