ii. nightmares

THE TORRID AFFAIR OF JACOB IVES AND THE BLONDE RECEPTIONIST

↬•↫

in which jacob ives bullies jim hopper and the party plan a surprise for their friend's homecoming

nightmares | suzie, do you copy?

〖 now there's a ghost in the back of this room, and i don't like it, i fall asleep with my covers pulled up, and try to fight it 〗

now there's a ghost in the back of this room, and i don't like it, i fall asleep with my covers pulled up, and try to fight it

↬•↫

jacob latimore

jacob latimore

↬•↫

tw : brief mention of homophobic assault and domestic abuse

↬•↫

JACOB BABBLED along to the song on the radio as he knocked the wooden spoon against the edge of his highchair in a pathetic attempt at matching the rhythm, much to the amusement of his aunt as she poured over the bills scattered over the kitchen table next to him and occasionally turned to question her sister on one payment or another, a pen flicking restlessly between her fingers.

Terry stood in front of the stove with a mixing bowl of pancake batter tucked against her hip, as one usually found her on a Saturday morning, dipping down every now and then to press a kiss to her son's forehead or prod at his chubby dimples, humming quietly to the soothing melody playing from the FM radio on the windowsill.

"That lawyer you hired for the court case is still sending us demands for-" Becky startled as her nephew suddenly tossed the wooden spoon to the floor and began to whine quietly, wide brown eyes glancing around in fear, hands slapping against the surface of the highchair frantically, "Hey, what's wrong, cub - if you want the spoon so bad, maybe don't launch it across the room, yeah? Ter, what's wrong with him?"