intermission | five

five | well, i wonder

↬•↫

gasping, dying, but somehow still alive - this is the final stand of who i am, please keep me in mind

↬•↫

extreme trigger warning

please skip if needed

↬•↫

JACOB IVES had a complicated relationship with living.

Ever since he had realised that it could end, that he didn't actually have to experience torment and tragedy every day of his life, it seemed his entire purpose had become to do just that - to end it.

He found an alternative purpose down the line, of course, and eventually even found an inclination within himself that life was worth living at the end of it all.

That had been working out for him for a while, sans the handful of depressive moments he experienced throughout the week.

It still was, partially, but that was mostly down to the fact that he didn't really hold any opinions on the matter.

He didn't have much of anything about anything, it was all happening and he was there and that was all there really was to say about it.

He had stopped leaving his room, not for any particular reason other than that it was easier then getting out of bed and doing something. He found it hard to be around people for more than a few minutes at a time on the handful of occasions his sister and Mike did persuade him to come downstairs, and he always ended up back in his room hidden under the covers blasting music on his Walkman.

He wasn't eating as much, but Mike coerced him into consuming just enough to keep him healthy, to maintain that small bit of muscle he had been so proud of before he became so tired of his own body.

It didn't work too well - like he said, he didn't really care anymore.

El rarely ever left his side even when he begged her to, and Max would often come into the room and read a comic in the corner to keep the girl company while also keeping an eye on her best friend. He tried not to pay too much attention to them, seeing Max only beginning to understand the weight of the situation was worse than seeing Will stare at him from across the room like he was going to lose him any minute.

During this period of time, Jacob made the genius decision to finally listen to Hopper's cassette, the one Joyce had given him the day she moved.