Chapter 4

Rewritten

The day started as per normal. It was blazing hot and the sun didn't seem to wish to spare Ninjago its wrath. The sun shone into the Bounty, waking Y/n as the sunlight practically slapped her in the face. She sat up in bed, stretching before getting up to brush her teeth. Just as she did, the other ninjas, other than Zane, began to rise as well. When she was done getting ready in her separate room, she entered the ninjas' bedroom, observing their zombie-like selves as they still weren't fully awake and ready to take on the day.

The mattresses weren't so bad anymore. It didn't cause them to wake up with sore backs in the morning that made them feel like they were 60 instead of their actual young ages. But yet, the mattresses weren't soft enough to be fit for a king or queen. But at least, they were spared from the pain of a sore body in the morning.

While they continue to get ready, Zane stayed sleeping, sometimes tossing or turning or sleep-talking, much to Y/n's amusement. All of a sudden, Zane shoots up from the bed.

"Oh, sleeping in," Jay comments."You're going to be late for training."

"Oh, how come no one awakened me?" Zane asked.

"We didn't think you wanted us to. You look like you were having some dream," Kai says.

"How do I know this isn't a dream?" Zane asks.

Cole grabbed one pillow, waking up to the Master of Ice and hitting him in the face with it. "Does that feel like a dream?"

"No. Thank you for your help," Zane says sarcastically, making everyone laugh and as they made their way to the Bounty's deck.

"Hehe. Little slow today, huh?" Kai teases. "What exactly did you dream about?"

"I saw the Falcon again," Zane explains.

"Whoa. Zane, every time you see that bird, something big happens," Jay says. "First, it leads you to the secret treehouse."

"Then it leads you to the Bounty," Cole adds.

"All right. Stretches. First, the Swooping Crane," Wu says as the ninjas and Y/n get into the position.

"This time, it showed me the Green and Purple Ninja," Zane whispers.

"The Green and Purple Ninja?" The other ninjas asked, Y/n snickering at their shocked faces.

"That looks like the Shocked Monkey. Bad form, more focus," Wu instructs, having turned back to observe their posture.

"You can't just drop a bomb like that. Spill the beans," Jay hurries.

"Yeah, what else did you see?" Kai asks.

"They were fighting Lord Garmadon," Garmadon explains.

"That's what the prophecy said. That the Green and Purple Ninja would defeat the Dark Lord. But did you have a chance to see which one of us was them?"

"Yeah."

"Did you see?"

"I could not tell. They shared attributes each of us possesses," Zane explains.

"Now, Pinching Crab," Wu instructs as everyone changes positions.

"Well, tell us everything. And don't spare any details. There has to be a clue that tells us which of us is going to be the Green and Purple Nin-" Wu pulls Kai's hair. "Ow, ow, ow! Hey!"

"What was so important to ignore my teachings?" Wu asks.

"Uh, nothing."

"It was nothing, Sensei."