Chapter 9

The Destiny's Bounty flies through a storm. Wu sits in his cabin, using the Spirit Smoke. He then sees the Ninja surrounded by Serpentine before he gets eaten by a Great Devourer.

In the dining room, Kai, Nya, and Jay are guarding the four fangblades.

"Why is it that is the only place we can destroy the fangblades?" Nya asks.

"Cause the Fangblades are made from the original teeth of the Devourer. They're so strong they can only break down in extraordinary heat," Kai explains.

"Uh, could someone pass the salt?" Jay asks as the boat tilts and the salt bottle slides over to him. "Hey, thanks," Jay says as Cole comes in, looking green in the gills.

"Please. No one talk about food," He groans. "How much longer until we get there?" Cole asks.

"Not long. Hey, Cole, you're looking a little green over there. How d'you like a mucus salt sandwich?" Jay asks, laughing as Cole goes outside to vomit. "Speaking of green, who would've guessed little Lloyd Garmadon and Y/n Smith turned out to be the Green and Purple Ninja?"

"I know. He was such a brat at first. It's hard to believe he's going to become one of the greatest Ninja that ever lived," Nya says.

Kai clears their throat. "Where are those little runts?"

"Serpentine, it's time I Spinjitzu you back into the filthy holes you came from. Ninja kick! Tiger claw! Ninja, go!" Lloyd says, speaking in a cowboy accent, as he attempts Spinjitzu but fails, causing Y/n to laugh her ass off.

"What a joke," Pythor laughs as he turns visible. "You were always a boy who chased stupid dreams."

"Pythor! How did you get aboard?" Lloyd asks, arm in front of Y/n.

"You think I would allow the Ninja to steal the Fangblades from me?" He asks as he picks both children up.

"Put me down!" Y/n demands.

"Ugh! You'll never get away with it! Hey—" Lloyd says before Pythor puts tape over their mouths and tying them to a punching bag. 

"Oh, I wouldn't worry about that. As they say, out of sight, out of mind," Pythor comments before turning invisible and walking off. 

"Thanks, folks, for choosing the Ninjago Tour Company to see our land's most scenic destinations. And if you look to your left, you'll find Ninjago's very own Torchfire Mountain, where the core of the natural volcano can reach up to three bajillion degrees," A bus driver says to the tourists, who took pictures. 

"Look, Mommy, a flying ship," A boy says.

"Oh, honey, ships don't fly. Only planes," His mother corrects.

"No, Mommy, it's a ship."

"Heh, uh-huh. That's nice, honey."

"Will everyone please place their seat back and tray table in the full upright and locked position? We have reached our destination: Torchfire Mountain. Give it a minute while we settle into position," Nya says as the bus leaves and the ninja each have one fangblade in their hand.

Jay sighs. "It's roasting out here."

"Heh. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen," Kai jokes.

"Hey, what's with Sensei?" Jay asks.

"I do not know. He's been distant all morning," Zane says.

"Ah, it is beautiful, is it not?" Wu asks.

"Sensei, we are ready for the destruction of the Fangblades, yet you seem disinterested," Zane states.

"You do not need my approval to finish the task."