Chapter 6

"First, I'll stomp on his tail. Then when he turns, a thunderclap to his ears. Then when he's stunned, I'll disarm him," Lloyd says as Y/n giggles a5 his enthusiasm.

"Too late, he's already hypnotized you and now you're under his control," Cole says.

"Or he's already put you in a squeeze," Zane says.

"Or spit on you with his hallucinatory venom. Trust me, bad stuff," Kai says, shivering from the memories of his experience.

"Couldn't tell by how you thought Sensei Wu's beard were snakes," Y/n giggles.

Lloyd groans. "Uncle, what's the best way to stun a Serpentine if you don't know what kind they are?"

"Sadly, it was the Sacred Flute you four carelessly lost," Wu says.

"Hey, no, no, no, we didn't lose it. Pythor stole it," Jay says.

"Whatever the case, without it I fear we have nothing to combat their powers. We may have prevented them from uniting in the past, but they will try again, and one day they will be stronger," Wu says.

"Don't worry. I've almost reached my Full Potential, and when I become the Green or Purple Ninja, we're not going to need any magic flute," Cole boasts.

"You're going to be the Green or Purple Ninja?" Kai scoffs. "Hahaha, don't make me laugh."

"I thought it was decided that I was destined to become the Green or Purple Ninja," Zane argues

"Oh! The only thing decided about you, Zane, is that you're weird," Jay says as the ninjas argue.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. What's in the box?" Lloyd asks.

"Yeah, what's in the box? Can I see it?" Y/n asks with Lloyd's hand in hers.

"Your new uniforms," Wu says as he opens the box and the ninjas gasped.

"Whoa! They've got, like armor."

"I love the gold highlights."

"Battle claws!"

"The material is really light and breathable."

"Oh, nothing for us?" Lloyd asks.

"Um, you get, uh, the box," Wu says as the alarm rings.

"Sorry to break up the moment, boys, but a small faction of our slithering friends are stirring up trouble at Mega Monster Amusement Park," Cole says.

"Amusement park?" Lloyd asks. "Can Y/n and I go? Can we go with you, please? Let me make things up. We can help."

"I'm sorry, nephew. You and Y/n will stay here, where it's safe," Wu says as the two children groan.

"Oh, Ninjas get all the fun," Lloyd complains.

"What do you say, guys? Time to try out the new merchandise?" Jay asks as they leave.

Timeskip

A few days later, Lloyd and Y/n get dropped off at a nearby arcade.

"Okay, I know it's my turn to look after you, but just play a few games and stay put while I look around. I have a feeling the Samurai may show up," Kai says, passing Lloyd some coins. "And take care of my sister."

"Let us help," Lloyd says.

"Please, Kai. Please," Y/n begs.

"No."

"Come on. At least drop us off at a decent arcade," Lloyd complains.

"Sorry, shorties," Kai says before he drives off.