CHAPTER FOUR #thelearningdead

There were many planes of existence that men of supernatural obsession tried to squeeze themselves into; planes that were rumored to be the abode of beings with supreme intellect and omnipotent authority. Some speculate these planes lie beyond our earthly form, while others say the channel to access these planes lie behind the curtain of death.

The transcendents differed with both speculations. Being privileged to jump from one plane to another, they concluded that the realm man seeks is very much beyond his reach. Even at the point of death, the yearning to seek out these OMNIVERSAL beings would never be possible. The transcendents believed that the beings within the realms were the only ones who grant access to anyone whom they find worthy.

Matthew himself wondered about the same issue as he is shocked to find himself in an environment very alien to any absurd or childish imagination he ever had. The structure of this realm made no sense to his perception of 3d realism or animation. 

He tried taking a step forward but he staggered a bit when he suddenly finds himself climbing an inclined plane made of glass. He takes another step and the plane changes back to a leveled ground. The sky above him seemed to have depth, height, motion, and retorting length, changing color continuously as it swallowed its shallowness. The sound from the amoebic clouds was likened to sea waves crashing on metal walls.

The last thing Matthew remembered was lying on the ground under paralysis. He never remembered sniffing coke anywhere in the facility.
He goes ahead to find out more about this place. The only problem was changing his perception continuously as he took a step.

Matthew felt like vomiting but his belly had nothing in it. He felt dizzy and was willing to collapse, but his body wasn’t cooperating. He squats down to his knees and stares at his reflection on the liquid-glass pathway. He was gripped with joy to see his real self staring back at him. He monitors his reflection as he touches his body; from shaking his hands to hopping up and down, Matthew was glad his soul wasn’t paralyzed like his real human body. He had never seen himself in such a healthy state before, so this was indeed a big moment for him. Matthew continues staring at the mirror pathway for minutes before moving on.

He stares at the large glass monoliths that were around the place. Each appeared to be horizontal and vertical at the same time. The shape of the straight solids distorts and conjoins in odd manners, posing as a straight monolith and at the same time appearing as an octahedron.

This was not a dream, he sure knew that. He never developed a quality sense of imagination like other kids during his early times. He never knew what dragons or dinosaurs looked like, he doesn't still know till now. He remembers asking the nurses but they never gave him an answer, not even an image. The only thing he could remember all his life before his early death was the late-night shows he watched right after taking his medications, and some adult soap operas that he hated but grew to adapt with.

So indeed it was hard for Matthew to digest what effect surrounded him or what this place was.

Matthew decides to follow the road, hoping it’ll lead him to some answers. He saw no life here as he strolled down the pathway, staring at the brightly colored shapes that hovered around and medium-sized eyeballs that were propelled by fast spinning hoops covered in flames.

That could be a dragon!” Matthew said, almost breaking his neck as turns to trail one of the speeding eyeballs.

CRACK! A peal of thunder was heard and the pathway was torched with flames immediately. The entire path was set ablaze but somehow, Matthew didn’t get caught up in the burn.

A large disk of glowing patterns and light enlarges itself from a speck of blue light, projecting its radiation and glory around the mirror dimension.