CHAPTER TWO#letsmakeakill

Out in the naked night, into the dark forest of potential horrors, bright flashes of light were seen scattered around the trees and bushes. The sources of the light beams were flashlights held by certain individuals who were running around as if they were in pursuit of someone or something.

They were alpha transcendents- the first ranking in the transcendental hierarchy. They belonged to the T.I.A, Chicago. The chase was undertaken by three youngsters under no supervision or warrant from a higher power.

They were dressed in the casual haunting regalia designed for American transcendents; a dark armor-plated spandex suit, with an imprint of a star-spangled design that ran through the chest like a sash. They had several pouches that surrounded their waist and arms, holding different mystical weapons and gadgets in place.

The trio chased down a blurry figure that constantly maneuvered its way through trees. It was said to be a demoniac, as reported by one of the pursuers who got a clearer view. They scaled through the dark woods on fast heels, trying to catch up with the sprinting abomination.

How exactly the chase began wasn’t clearly understood, and who prompted the late call was another question to be left blank.

“I think I see him!” screamed Jason Cohan, one of the sharpest and most skilled alphas in the American institute. He stretches his legs further as he takes a good aim at the blur, firing several balls of blue fire from his fist. He misses to several trees, burning them down instantly.
He was capable of doing such a feat with the use of the ELEMENTRIC that has pretty much advanced throughout the years. Elementrics are celestial platonic solids of luminous manifestation; they can be conjured to manipulate shields and weaponry of any form.

“Damn it! The sucker’s one hell of a runner! Keep your eyes open for anything that streaks by,” Jason speaks into his ear radio once again.

“Yeah, anything” a voice with a sarcastic tone speaks out on Jason’s radio
“I don’t mind hitting you when you cross by,” the voice bursts into laughter.

“Damien, this is some intense shit we’re dealing with. I don’t feel humor is gonna exorcise that guy sooner enough,” Jason replies, taking the path the demoniac ran through.

“Just chase him down till he runs out of route options. Demons aren’t smart navigators- we’ll round him up that way!” the voice belonged to Damien Spencer, an alpha whose intelligence is top-notch, exceeding every alpha transcendent in four world institutes. He was the brain, but he sure wasn’t willing to waste it's use for this chase.

“We have to keep close heels and eyes on him, guys. We don’t know what his goals are at the moment, so don’t expect anything minor coming out of his offense pocket!” another voice was heard on the other side of the woods, sounding clear on Damien and Jason's ear radios.

Jane Austin, the deputy head of the alpha transcendents in the T.I.A gave her instructions. She had a tight spot for quirky humor so Damien didn’t mind replying, despite their intimate relationship.

She aims her flashlight ahead when she sees a blurry figure zoom by. She enables her elementric abilities and her eyes turned purple, seeing the demoniac’s running path. She stretches forth her arms and bright objects like skeletal chains shot out, reaching for the demoniac. The chains missed him by millimeters as he takes a sharp turn to the right.

“Shit!” Jane curses.

“What? You hurt yourself?” Damien says, overhearing Jane’s sigh of grief.

“No, I'm good. I almost had him!”

“Yeah, and you say I'm a better liar,”

“Shut up!” Jane bursts. Damien knew she wasn't going to buy the joke, but he tried.