CHAPTER THREE#he'salive?

The Transcendent institute of America is the third best establishment in the transcendental world union in terms of combat and tactical deployment, only next to the T.I.M (transcendental institute of Manchester) and the T.I.J (transcendental institute of Japan).

The T.I.A has a long history of supernatural tackles with both the supreme and minor darkness. The institute employs over thousands of youths each year into the early alpha ranks, beating each neo-transcendent into shape within months.  A neo-transcendent in the T.I.A is capable of conjuring raw collapsing matter, which is an energy form capable of tearing down metal of any categorization. It was basic stuff in the transcendental world, but the T.I.A was the first institute to do so, and the only institute that perfects new intakes in the method.

The general ranking in the world institutes followed thus (ascending order);
ALPHA TRANSCENDENTS:
The juveniles or neo-transcendents, being the first
The marksman, being the second
The hunters, being the last (Jane and the rest belong here)

OMEGA TRANSCENDENTS:
The patron/matrons, being the first
The enigma, being the second
The supreme, being the third
The absolute, being the last and most powerful

And finally the obvious finalist and seat of power goes to the ARCHTRANSCENDENT.

Aside from that, the T.I.A has a wide field of supernatural enhancements. Each transcendental institute in the world had unique enhancements that enabled them handle demonic beings and so many more, but the T.I.A is said to be more prolific, releasing elementrics never seen before- some formidable, and some not very effective. Few of these included the ability to utilize one’s soul to murder a phantom, the ability to burn witches by blood markings, the power to submit warlocks into vomiting bloody maggots, and the ability to cause severe madness to any wraith till it eats itself whole.  Other capabilities developed were still waiting in line to be approved for usage.

Having a land area that spanned across 24 acres of land, the T.I.A was situated at a distance far away from the general public. It was said the early founders picked an underground war bunker in Philadelphia and decided to tear it open further, thus creating the deep and wide crater hole that the T.I.M was built upon.

Domes were built around the premises, each housing having a unique purpose; engineering units, medical labs, accommodations and elementric test sites. Several machines lined up pavements, each serving as means of transportation around.
There were over 98 fields grown in the institute’s grounds. They all had the same precise measurements. They were to serve as arenas for different transcendental units within to carry out sparring activities or just technique exercises.

Aircrafts, expensive statues, monitoring towers, defense modules, and so many more infrastructures littered the surroundings of the T.I.A.
It was always a busy day, business as usual you may say, but every activity slowly drifted to a halt as the night swept in. there was silence everywhere. Everyone lay peacefully as they await the morning drill.

A sudden spark bursts out in one of the many domes. The light expands and a portal suddenly tears open. Jane, Damien and their unfortunate companion, Jason, all emerge from the opening.

Damien raises his hand, igniting a flame on his palm so he could find the switch. He slaps the lights on when he finds it.

The bulbs switch on one by one, illuminating different sections of the dome. It was a medical facility.

Different shelves, each about 11 feet in height lined up a section in the hall called ‘A’. Lots of books were stacked in, each referring to various healing and exorcism methods in the transcendental field. Another section named ‘B’ was occupied with bodily fluids and samples of different creatures; eyes of werewolves, fangs from different classes of vampires, glass stands that contained the spines of witches belonging to different kinds of coven, samples of preserved Dziwozonas, body tissues belonging to changelings, and large frightening skulls encased in a liquid membrane that said ‘CLASSIFIED’ on the surface.
The last section, ‘C’, was an operation room. Different kinds of surgeries and tests were carried out here. Bottles of various blends and mix lined up the cabinets. Medical utensils never seen to even to the most experienced surgeon in the outside world were placed in glass shelves.