The Choices We Make

You and Laura sat in silence as you thought if a way to word what you wanted to say. While you still wore your clothes without your hat, Laura was prepared for bed with a large tee shirt and some leggings.

Y/N: I...

You couldn't figure out what you wanted to say. You looked over at her bed and noticed the Wolverine plushie on her bed. You then thought back on the picture Logan gave you.

Y/N: I gave it some thought. And...I want to give this a try.

Laura slowly nodded and waited for you to continue.

Y/N: And, I know this may just seem like a rebound kind of thing because I gave up on Jean. But, it's not. Not at all.

Laura: I know.

Y/N: Cause, I really like to get to know you and grow closer to you. I want to be someone you can rely on and trust.

Laura: I know.

Y/N: And Betsy already told me that you liked the me in this world but I'm not the me in this world so I'm scared that I can't live up to those expectations.

Laura: Y/N?

Y/N: Yeah?

Laura: I know.

You raised a brow as Laura looked at you.

Y/N: What...

Laura: You're who you are. It doesn't matter if you're the same Y/N I knew or not. I want to get to know you better and grow closer to you too.

She then rubbed her hand.

Laura: But you already know a lot about me. About my past and the things I've done.

Y/N: Yeah. I do.

You both stood there in silence for a moment before you sighed.

Y/N: Why is this so damn hard?

Laura sat on the edge of her bed as you thought about your next words.

Y/N: You know what? I'm just going to say it.

You looked at Laura.

Y/N: I...I want to give this a try. Me and you. This.

Laura raised a brow.

Laura: Really?

You nodded.

Y/N: I saw your memories. I felt your pain and I hated the fact that I wasn't there to help you then. So, I want to be able to be the person you can lean on. Someone who can always be there for you.

Laura looked at you for a moment before she stood back up. She walked over to you and placed her hands on your cheeks.

Laura: Under one condition.

Y/N: What?

Laura looked you in the eyes.

Laura: You can be there for me, but I have to be there for you. Always. Even if this thing doesn't work out in the end, I want to be the person you can talk to.

You looked at Laura and smiled.

Y/N: So.....

Laura grinned.

Laura: Let's give this a try.

You smiled even wider.

Y/N: Okay. I, uh, guess I should sneak back to my room now.

Laura looked at the time. It was late. She turned back to you and rolled her eyes.

Laura: Just stay here. No point in sneaking around when Logan can find you.