On the road

[ ] = Local language

Third Person POV

The sun began to rise onto the JSDF base as many occupants slowly woke up. The atmosphere in the base was peaceful......mostly.

Sarge: Grif, Simmons, double times!

Grif: Aw, come on Sarge....why only us....

Donut: It's so hot and sticky outside, and I haven't even gotten my lotion on.

Sarge: Quit your yammering and hop to it!

Lopez: Te mataré ahora mismo, viejo. (I will kill you right now old man.)

Simmons: I have to agree with Grif sir, literally no one else is awake right now.

Sarge: Now I have two insubordinates! *cocks shotgun* This needs to be corrected!

Grif: Oh god no!

A helmet soon flew from the blue team barracks and clonked Sarge on the head, Tucker's voice soon followed.

Tucker: Hey can you guys shut the f*ck up!

Kuribayashi: How about you both shut up before you wake up the entire base!

Like I said, mostly peaceful. Anyways the base was soon alive again with the sound of breakfast and bugles. The Reds and Blues where continuing to help with the refugees until Lelei approached Carolina with a strange request.

Carolina: You want me to what?

Lelei: Please help. Money needed. Check materials. Possible product.

Lelei's Japanese was certainly coming along much to the happiness of everyone on the base. Simmons in particular has offered to act as a practice, correcting Lelei's errors and helping her get the pronunciations. It has helped get her a place as a backup translator and it helped her get permission to go beyond the compound walls. Lelei, Carolina, Doc, Simmons, and Tucker all went outside the base perimeter however they where soon met with a sight they didn't expect.

Carolina: Holy....

Church: Sh*t....

Doc: Oh god....it seems like hundreds of dragons....

Simmons: I say an entire Battalion of them.

Tucker: You actually read the field manual? Nerd.

Simmons didn't contest to the accusation and simply watched as Lelei removed one of the dragon scales before looking at it. She nodded before placing it down and standing up with a slight smile.

Church: You found what your looking for?

Lelei nodded and soon the group went back to the base only to return with a small party consisting of all of the Reds and Blues, Rory Mercury, Lelei, Tuka, and a small group of JSDF soldier. The group soon got their assignment. Get the dragon scales and put them in bags. The work continues as the hours ticked and Sarge's red armor got even redder much to the groups disdain.

Except for O'Malley. He loved it.

The Reds and Blues where now cleaning up however as they did Itami approached them with a folder in his hand. He stopped for a bit as Sarge sprayed his helmet, creating a large spray of red,  and continued his approach when Washington looked in his direction.

Itami: High command has reviewed you and deemed you trustworthy enough to be attached to us. Welcome to the Sixth Recon.

Tucker: Wait wait. We are attached to you?

Sister: I can think we can be attached in more than one way.

Tucker: Heh, bow chika bow wow.

Washington: *sigh* Tucker. It's stated in the field manual. Surly you have read it.

Tucker soon stopped his smile and instead looked at Washington with a confused look. Simmons gave Tucker a small f*ck you while Church and Carolina shook their head already knowing the answer.

Washington: You didn't did you?

Tucker: Anyways....we are attached to you.

Itami: General Hazama has put Washington in command as an equal due to what you told him about your powers. He also said that some of your powers showed as blanks. May we ask why?

Sister: Well, only some of us know what powers we have.

Simmons: Most of the skills we do know are combat related.

Donut: So until we get into a different sticky situation we just need to prepare ourselves until then.

Lopez: Extrañamente, esa fue la frase menos sexual que he escuchado de ti en mucho tiempo. (That was weirdly the least s*#ual sentence I have heard form you in a while.)

Donut: Well I aim to please.

Lopez: No importa. (Neverminded.)

Itami: Anyways we will be moving out soon, so whenever you are ready meet us at the vehicle departure gate.

Washington: Will do.

Carolina: What can we take with us?

Itami: Preferably whatever you can.

Sister: Alright!

Itami: That's of use.

Sister: Aw, what a party pooper.

Caboose: I love parties! Is it a tea party?

O'Malley: This isn't a tea party, its a party....of blood and carnage!

Itami: And you are sure he is a doctor?

Doc: Medic actually.

Itami: I see.

A small bit of silence soon followed however the group soon began to move towards the vehicle departure gate. They soon arrived and began loading the dragon scales onto the trucks before boarding themselves onto the convoy. Caboose shifted excitedly when Kurokawa came in and soon produced a coloring book with crayons as the last of the Sixth Recon clambered onboard. Caboose reacted with joy and clapped his hands as Kurokawa gave him the coloring supplies.

Caboose: Yeah! Coloring! Thank you nice doctor lady.

Kurokawa: Your welcome.

As Caboose began to draw Simmons soon received a tap on his shoulder. He turned to see Grif who was sitting next to Tucker along with Itami and Kurata in the front of the truck. Grif pointed towards Kurata and Simmons groaned in his brain at the sight of the group however he nodded for Kurata to go on as the first engines began to start.

Kurata: Have you noticed Tuka?

Simmons: You mean the elf?

Kurata: Yeah. She's all quiet and stuff. I heard Kuribayashi even mentioning that she asked for a full two person supply of.....well everything.

Simmons: So you admitted to eavesdropping?

Tucker: Come on dude, just tell us what you think.

Simmons: Why are you asking me?

Grif: You're the nerd. And before you even say anything, yes you are.

Simmons: *sigh* I suspect PTSD or at least a form of mental trauma. She did get her entire village burnt to a crisp.

Itami: Told you all. Now, lets focus on the task at hand.

The rest of the guys nodded grimly as the convoy passed the gate separating the base from the outside world and soon into the wilderness beyond.

Washington: So we go in, deliver the scales, make sure the three of them are alive, then get out?

Kuwbara: Correct.

Carolina: Well, that should be pretty easy.

Donut: Yeah. Go in, unload, then pull out. Easy!

Church: Yeah. Absolutely nothing can go wrong, right?

Hey guys, the author here. Sorry for the extremely slow updates. School can be a pain. Hope you all stay safe and have a wonderful rest of your day. Peace!