Episode 2

Students make their way into the school and it switches to Dean and Zach who are talking when Zoey walks up to them.

(Zach) "Hey Zach." Zoey said cheerfully. When Zach sees her he smiles big.

"Hey, how was your weekend?" He asks her.

"Good, you?"

"Good."

"That's good."

They both stand there awkwardly gazing into each other's eyes.

"I uh have to go. I'll see you later?"

"Uh yeah. I'll see you later."

Zach watches as Zoey walks away.

"Somebody has a crush." Dean
smirks.

"Do not." Zach says defensively.

"Yeah right."

The bell rings and they go to class.

(Rory) After school Rory and Dean walk to Luke's diner.

"Wait here." Rory told him with a smile.

Rory goes in and right as she looks up at the counter expecting to see Luke she sees a dark haired boy. His was tan and was slightly taller than her.

Their eyes meet.

Rory snaps out of her trans and says, "Can I get two coffee's go please." She asks. The boy smiles at her.

"Sure thing" He smirks.

Rory stands there dumbfounded. She found herself immediately attracted to this boy. Was it his looks? Or was it something about the way he spoke that created a sense of mystery and rebellion that was all too much for her to comprehend in that given moment?

(Zach) Zach had been pacing back and forth in his room for about half an hour trying to get Zoey off his mind. He then pulled out his phone and called Lane.

"Hey." Lane answered casually.

"Hey, can you come over?" Zach said frantically.

"Sure. What's up?"

"It's a lot to explain I'll explain when you get here."

Not even five minutes later, Lane is already there knocking at the door. Zach rushes downstairs to let her in then rushes back up to his room with Lane following close behind him.

"What's this about?"

Zach sighed. "A girl." He replied shyly.

Lane smirked. "Ohhhh."

"And I need advice. Please I'm begging you." Zach pleaded.

"Oh calm down. When did you meet her?"

"I met her at the dance last night."

"Wait you met her at the dance? How did I not know about this?"

"Lane!"

"Sorry, not the point."

"She came up to me and said hi. I thought she was so cute. The way she talked, she was so nervous it was adorable." Zach gushed.

Lane was baffled. She's never heard him talk about a girl like that before ever since Maria, his ex girlfriend.

"Sounds like you really like her."

He blushed.

"Yeah," He said. "Yeah I think I do."

His smile quickly vanished.

"God I hardly even know her. How do I know she won't-"

"Hey." Lane spoke softly and grabbed his wrist gently which made him look at her. He rested his gaze on her eyes as she spoke.

"Trust your gut this time...talk to her tomorrow and get her number. Get to know her. Then see how it goes from there."

Zach inhaled softly and nodded.

"I will. Thanks Lane." Zach said as he pulled Lane into a hug. After a moment they pulled away.

"I should go I kinda didn't tell my mom I was leaving." She told him half smiling. Zach chuckled.

"Ok, well thanks again."

"You're welcome." Lane spoke in a way that told him that she would have helped him over and over again. Then of course he already knew that.

(Rory) The next day everyone was at their lockers as usual. Then the door opens and standing there was the same dark haired boy from the diner.

"Rory?" Lane waved her hand in front of Rory's face.

"Huh?"

"Do you know who him? You keep staring at him." Lane giggled.

Rory peered across the hallway at the boy she met yesterday.

Those in the hallway stopped and stared, girls whispered and giggled at their lockers, but he paid no attention. He continuously glanced nervously back and forth at the books he was throwing in his locker to the pretty girl he had met yesterday down the hall.