Episode 3

<the next day>

(Zach) It's after school and Zach sees Zoey and tells Dean he'll catch up with him later and approaches Zoey at her locker.

"Hey Zo." Zach grinned.

"Zo?"

"Nickname. Do you mind if I call you that?"

She smiled and shook her head. "No. I don't mind."

"So I was wondering if I could maybe get your number?" Zach asked nervously.

"Sure." She smiled.

Zoey rips off a piece of paper from her notebook and wrote her number on it. She handed him the piece of paper and once he took it from her he said,

"I gotta get to practice. I'll call you later?" He smiled.

"Sure" She smiled back at him.

(Rory) "Why didn't you tell me Dave asked you out!" Rory exclaimed cheerfully.

"Because if I told you it would make it more real and then I'll get real feelings for a boy my mom won't approve of." Lane replied.

"That's true but can't you just sneak around?"

"There's only so much sneaking around I can do before my mom gets suspicious and she finds out and grounds me for eternity."

"I think eternity is pushing it don't you think? Your mom has never grounded you for more than a week."

Lane shrugged. "I guess but-"

"Hey." An familiar voice interrupts. Rory turns around to see the boy from the diner.

"Oh h-hi" Rory stutterd.

"I'm sorry but who are you?" Lane asked, a little annoyed that he interrupted their conversation.

"Jess. Jess Mariano. Luke Dane's nephew. I'm sure you know him he's the grumpy old man who owns the diner." He joked. Rory furrowed her brows in confusion.

"You're talking about my step father. I didn't know he had a nephew."

"What a small world. You must be Rory."

"That's me."

"Huh." He says in his Jess tone.

Rory stared at him with confusion.

"Wait so what are you doing here? In Stars Hollow I mean. Luke never mentioned a relative coming to stay with him."

"It's a long story but I'm here and that means you'll be seeing a lot more of me." He smirks.

(Zach) Zach was in the locker room supposed to be getting ready but instead he was texting Zoey. He was asking her if she wanted to grab a bite after he was done with practice and she agreed. He put his phone up and ran out to meet the rest of the team. His coach told him off for being late then let him off to practice.

After practice Zoey met him outside and they went to Luke's. They talked and laughed until it was almost 9pm so he paid and then he walked her home.

"Goodnight." She said, then kissed him on the cheek.

He blushed and smiled. "Goodnight." Zach told her then walked home.

He walks into the house and walks to Rory's room down the hall.

"Hey. You alright?" He asked her.

"Oh yeah I'm fine." She sits up. "How was your date with Zoey?" She asks eagerly.

"I wouldn't exactly call it a date but to answer your question...it was amazing. She's amazing I just..." He sits next to rory on the bed.

"I just dont want it to be like last time" He told her.

"Any girl is lucky to be with you so don't let what happened with Maria keep you from being happy."

Zach nodded. "Goodnight." He kissed his sister's cheek before leaving the room.

Rory fell back onto her bed and stared up at the ceiling thinking about Jess.