Episode 4

<<no pov>>

Rory and Dean are leaned up against a tree making out.

"How about me and you," he kisses her "tonight," he kisses her again "watch a movie at my place." Rory pulls away smiling.

"Sounds good."

They kiss again when they were interrupted by the sound of someone clearing their throat. They look up and see Jess.

"Uh hi." Rory says.

"Hi." He replies with a smile.

Dean had jealousy written all over his face. He could see the way he was looking at her.

"Uh Luke told me to come get you. Your mom and him want us to sit down and have dinner or something at the diner." Jess shrugged.

"Alright." Rory replies and Jess walks away. Rory turns around to see the look Dean was giving Jess. "Oh come on don't be like that."

"I just don't trust him." He said. "I know you don't." She replied.

There was a pause.

"Look I have to go. I'll see you in a little while?" Rory told him. Dean nodded and Rory smiled and kissed him.

"I love you." She told him.

"I love you, too."

Zach was walking with Zoey where they were going to part ways at the diner.

"So what's this dinner all about?" Zoey asked him.

"My step father's nephew came into town and he wants us to get to know him." He told her.

"That sounds nice." She said.

Zach shrugged. "I guess. I just didn't even know he had a nephew."

Zoey furrowed her eyebrows. "Strange." She said as they reached the diner.

"Hey do you wanna maybe walk around later?" Zach asked her. "Sure" Zoey smiled.

Zach stood there smiling at her as she turned to walk away. After a moment he walked into the diner and saw his sister with her arms folded over her chest as she stood against the counter. He could tell she was anxious about something.

"Is everything alright?" He asked her.

Rory shrugged. "I just...I mean I met him the other day and we talked earlier-"

"Wait you've already met him? How come I didn't know about this?"

"I didn't officially meet him he was working the register. It didn't seem important and besides how was I supposed to know he was Luke's nephew?" She told him.

"I didn't say that you knew-"

Suddenly Jess came through the doorway that led upstairs. Rory and Zach tried not to stare. Jess rolled his eyes and pulled out a cigarette as he walked to the door. What was his problem? One minute he was joking around and now he acts like he hates the world.

"Give me that." Luke said as he walked through the door and took the cigarette from him.

"Hey!" Jess exclaimed, clearly annoyed with Luke's actions. Luke then turned Jess around and pushed him towards the two tables that had been pushed together.

"Sit." Luke commanded.

Jess let out a sigh and shook his head before sitting down. Zach wasn't in favor Jess' attitude especially since it was directed towards Luke.

Dinner wasn't as bad as Rory had imagined. After Zach had left, she and Jess seemed to hit it off. She told him about her dream to go to Harvard and she discovered that he had no interest in going to college or any clue what he was going to do with his life. She tried to convince him that he could do more, but she couldn't tell whether her attempts had an affect on him or not. They discovered their similar interest in literature. She even offered to let him borrow one of her books.