036

mikki

mikki

going back to arizona was like breathing again. even though pittsburgh was lovely, i missed the beautiful rocky landscape and i missed home. i walked into the familiar place and an intense relief washed over me. my room, my kitchen, my living room, my garden, i even missed the bathroom, if that was possible.

going back to club dance was like living again. i was dancing because i loved it. dancing because it made me feel alive and pumping. i missed the studios, the high ceilings, the people, even miss abella. everything was as it should be.

but going back home was bittersweet. i felt guilty, leaving the team when i was actually in a relatively good situation. and i half-wanted to go back. i was torn. you always want things you can't have.

sarah's silly impressions of celebrities.

hannah's creepy ghost whispering.

gia's jojo rants.

lilly's bright chatter.

pressley's sunny smile that made her eyes crinkle at the corners.

and brady. supportive, steady and ever kind brady.

"mikki, pay attention," miss abella snapped, flashing her steely gaze in my direction. i straightened my posture and tried to focus on what she was saying. connor gave me a quick eye roll and a twitch of his hand to signify 'ugh'. i suppressed a smile and returned the eye roll.

when will i stop missing these idiots?

⤎⎼༌·⋱🩰⋰⋆༌⎼⤏

"so, mikki," connor said, leaning heavily on my shoulder, "how are you feeling about the first competition back from the aldc?"

i moved from under his arm so he leaned too far and stumbled. i laughed. "ok? i mean, normal. not anything particular. there's a lot less stress now that i'm not expected to win all the time."

"but you still do," connor pointed out, staring accusingly at me.

"i don't," i frowned, "not all the time."

"hmm," connor pretended to think, furrowing his brow, "you win...99.99% of the time."

i hit him.

"ow! mikki," he hissed, crossing his arms and then hitting me back. "hey, are you ok?"

i shrugged. "i guess so."

"do you miss them?"

"yeah."

"especially brady right?"

i hit him again.

⤎⎼༌·⋱🩰⋰⋆༌⎼⤏

brady

these past two week had been hell. i was stressed from coming seventh, sarah was in tears half the time, pressley stared at the wall for minutes on end and it was generally just chaos. i didn't have my best friend with me and if i was honest, it was taking a toll on me too. i felt like the world was constantly shifting underneath me. i wasn't dancing my best and i definitely wasn't feeling my best. seventh?

"brady," mom said, sitting on the couch next to me, "look. i know you're going through a bit of a hard time."

"yeah," i said. i didn't elaborate.

"i was thinking," mom flicked a strand of hair out of her face, "you have the week off, and i thought we could go on a trip."

"ok."

"to arizona."

"ok."

it took a while to sink in.

"oh my- mom that's where mikki lives!"

"yes. took you a bit."

"when are we leaving?"

"tomorrow. i thought you could surprise her. i texted maggie and she showed me which competition she'd be at."

"mom. you're the best."

"i know."

the author speaks:promotion time!spotify: flowerwandstwitter: _nightskystarsgo follow --simphours-- she's such abully but at least she's nice

the author speaks:
promotion time!
spotify: flowerwands
twitter: _nightskystars
go follow --simphours-- she's such a
bully but at least she's nice.
lol idek what this author's note is bye