015

brady

brady

"this is insane. you are the best dancer on this team, you deserve to be here," mom ranted. i was whispering things like, "ok," and "mom," because i knew the cameras were on. i didn't want to believe it. i would miss this team and everyone in it. especially mikki.

"brady?" mikki didn't even use that stupid nickname. "abby wants you for the solo."

⤎⎼༌·⋱🩰⋰⋆༌⎼⤏

maggie

"it's all spun out of control? it's because you moms are up here, harping about how brady gets all the attention and all the special parts?" tricia yelled. she was upset and out of control. "are you happy now? i bet some of you are!"

"but we never know. maybe even if the moms were all 'chummy'," ashley made a cowboy sort of swing with her arm, "it would have happened anyways."

"because she doesn't want to put all her eggs in one basket," the moms chorused.

"but i thought it was funny when she said that because i feel like she's putting all her eggs in mikki," stacey shrugged. i tensed. not my fault my daughter was good.

"i think that mikki is the second favourite, maybe even the first," joanne said, "i mean, giving her solos almost every week, giving her a kalani solo, putting her at the top of the pyramid..."

"she earned them," i said in a tight voice.

"we're not saying that she didn't earn them," michelle protested, "we're saying that she's contradicting herself."

"we've said this a million times, but i think that abby doesn't want to say it, but she thinks of maddie every time she sees mikki! they look a bit alike, they dance alike, their names sound the same," stacey listed.

i rolled my eyes and left to go to the dancer's den. i can't listen to these moms any longer.

⤎⎼༌·⋱🩰⋰⋆༌⎼⤏

"moms, get down here!" abby called. they traipsed into the studio.

"gianna, i think that someone else will take the win," abby shrugged.

"no, brady's gonna win," tricia interrupted.

"well yeah."

"you sit here and you say that you want seven stars. well, brady's a superstar. so if you want seven stars, send all of them home, find people to dance with brady! it's not my or my child's fault that he's better than everyone here!"

that was a low blow.

⤎⎼༌·⋱🩰⋰⋆༌⎼⤏

🍦🍨 ice cream cult 🍨🍦

gia 😸
imma b there in 5

press 😛
traffic 👎b there in 15

mikki 🐁

already here! brady and i are waiting

savvy🦒
im here!!!

lilsy 🌺
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

farrari 🚘
you're right next to us, lilsy

lilsy 🌺
ik

sarsar 😇
right around the corner

hannah 🍌
i'm here 

⤎⎼༌·⋱🩰⋰⋆༌⎼⤏

"to brady," we all chanted, raising our glasses of. we had gone to a fancy restaurant in pittsburgh to say goodbye to brady and to wish him luck.

"i'm gonna miss you," i whispered, poking him with a straw.

"i'm not," he retorted, poking me with his breadstick.

"shut up," i grumbled. shoving someone inconspicuously is very hard when adults are around. but i managed it.

 but i managed it