001.

A RATHER BIG BOOM

Plains flew loudly above a small town

Plains flew loudly above a small town. Sirens were whaling and propellers were spinning.
The bottoms of plains opened up and dropped heavy bombs. A man spoke German into a telecommunications to the men flying the plains. Nazis.

Edmund Pevensie stood looking out of the window at all the destruction. His mother ran into the room.
"Edmund! Get away from there!" Helen Pevensie yelled pulling him away from the window. "Peter!" she called to her eldest son closing the curtains.
"What do you think you're doing?" the older woman scolds her second son. "Peter, quickly! The shelter now!" She hands Peter Edmund's hand, and the two boys begin to run.
"Come on!" Peter ushers Edmund pulling his arm.
"Wait!" Edmund pleads trying to grab a picture frame.
"Come on, leave it!" Peter scolds.

"Mummy!" Lucy yells, her ears covered as she still lays in bed. Emma and Susan run through the door.
"Lucy, come on!" Emma yells grabbing her youngest sister's hand. Susan dug around the room with a flash light.

"Come on, quickly!" Helen yells running outside of their house.
"Run!" Peter yelled to his siblings. Lucy cries in fear, gripping onto Emma's hand tighter.
The Pevensie family ran outside together and into the shelter. A bomb went off in the house next to theirs.
"Hurry!" Helen yells opening the shelter doors.
Edmund turns. "Wait! Dad!" he yells and rushes back to the door.
"Edmund, no!" Helen sobs.
"I'll get him!" Peter yells over his shoulder running after his brother.
"Peter, come back!" Helen pleads.
"Ed! Come here!" Peter shouts over the raising sirens. Edmund grabs the picture of their father just before Peter tackled him to the ground.
"Edmund! Get down!"
The window blew open.
"Come on, you idiot! Run!" Peter scolded his brother.

Both boys run back outside and to the shelter. Helen pops her head out of the door and ushers her boys. "Come on!"
Peter throws Edmund inside the shelter.
Emma, Susan, and Lucy are huddled together. The two younger Pevensie girls sobbing.
"Why can't you think of anyone but yourself?" Peter yells at Edmund. "You're so selfish! You could've got us killed!"
Edmund was crying and shaking his head.
"Stop it!" Helen scolded Peter and tired to comfort Edmund.
Edmund looked at the picture of their father and sobbed.
"Why can't you just do as your told?" Peter questions his brother who is now hugging their mother.
Peter turns and slams the shelter door shut.

The next morning the Pevensie's were on a train station. Whistles were blowing and children were crying. Helen was pinning a paper to Lucy's shirt.
"You need to keep this on darling. Alright?" She asked her youngest daughter. "You warm enough?" Lucy nods. "Good girl." Helen then moves to Edmund and pins a paper onto him too. Edmund rolled his eyes and looked at a poster on the wall in front of him. It read, 'Help the children. Housing evacuees is a national service.'
"If dad were here, he wouldn't make us go," Edmund complained.
"If dad were here, it would mean the war was over, and we wouldn't have to go," Peter explained.
"You will listen to your brother, won't you, Edmund?" Helen questioned her son. Edmund nodded shortly and looked around.
Helen stood and went to kiss her son, but he recoiled. So, she just lightly hugged him instead.
Helen hugged a crying Peter. "Promise me you'll look after the others," she begged.
"I will, Mum." Peter's voice cracked.
"Goodman," she said with a sad smile.
Helen looked to her second daughter and hugged her. "Oh, Susan. Be a big girl." Susan nodded, tears streaming down her face.
Lastly, Helen turned to her eldest daughter, Peter's twin. Emma engulfed her mother into a tight hug. "You'll look over everyone? Even Peter?" Her mother questioned her.
"Even Peter," Emma confirmed with a sad chuckle. Just a few tears staining her cheeks.
"Alright, off you go." Helen nodded to her five children.