005.

THE RUNAWAY

"Isn't there anything we can do to help Tumnus?" Emma asked the Beavers as they sat around a table

"Isn't there anything we can do to help Tumnus?" Emma asked the Beavers as they sat around a table. Edmund sat on some steps behind them.
"They'll have taken him to the Witch's house." Mr. Beaver explained. "And you know what they say: There's few that go through them gates that come out again."
"Fish 'n' chips?" Mrs. Beaver chuckles nervously at her husband. "But there is hope, dear. Lots of hope."
"Oh, yeah!" Mr. Beaver said spitting his sip back into his cup. "There's a right bit more than hope!" he looked around again and leaned forward. "Aslan is on the move."
The four siblings at the table sit quietly. Edmund stands and walked over to them.
"Who's Aslan?" He asked with furrowed brows.
Mr. Beaver laughed. "Who's Aslan? You cheeky little blighter." Mrs. Beaver hits her husband and motions to the boy's confused look.
"You don't know, do you?" he asked.
"We haven't exactly been here very long," Peter explained.
"Well, he's only the king of the whole wood. The top geezer. The real King of Narnia." Mr. Beaver told them. Edmund's eyebrows furrowed and he walked away from the table.
"He's been away for a long while." Mrs. Beaver clarifies.
"But he's just got back! And he's waiting for you at the Stone Table!" Mr. Beaver said swinging his arms around in emphasis.
"He's waiting for us?" Lucy asks as Emma, Susan, and Peter share a glance.
"You're blooming joking!" Mr. Beaver bellows. "They don't even know about the prophecy!" Mr. Beaver said to his wife.
"Well, then.." she ushered her husband to continue.
"Look, Aslan's return, Tumnus' arrest, the secret police, it's all happening because of you!" Mr. Beaver said. Emma's eyebrows furrowed.
"You're blaming us?" Susan asked taken aback.
"No! Not blaming. Thanking you." Mrs. Beaver said quickly.
"There's a prophecy," Beaver begins. "When Adam's flesh and Adam's bone sits at Cair Paravel in throne, the evil time will be over and done," Beaver tells the kids.
"You know, that doesn't really rhyme." Emma points out. Susan nodded in agreement.
"I know it don't-you're kind of missing the point!" Beaver yells. Mrs. Beaver places her hand on her husband's back.
"It has long been foretold that two Sons of Adam and Two Daughters of Eve will defeat the White Witch and restore peace to Narnia." Mrs. Beaver tells them.
"And you think we're the ones?" Peter asked.
"You'd better be, 'cause Aslan's already fitted out your army!" Mr. Beaver told him.
"What about the third Daughter of Eve?" Emma asked.
"Sorry?" Mr. Beaver questioned.
"You said 'Two Sons of Adam, and Two Daughters of Eve' but there are three girls," Emma explained.
"Oh, yes!" Mrs. Beaver clapped. "It is said that the third Daughter of Eve wouldn't be a Queen, but a Warrior! And the most Ferocious one at that!"
Emma smiled as she felt like that third daughter would be her. She hoped at least. She really didn't want to be a Queen.
"Wait, wait. Our army?" Lucy backtracked.
"Mum sent us away so we wouldn't get caught up in a war," Susan said to Peter.
"I think you've made a mistake," Peter said looking at the Beavers. "We're not heroes."
"We're from Finchley," Susan told them. The Beavers looked at each other confused.
"It's in England," Emma tells them, but it doesn't help.
"Thank you, for your hospitality," Susan said getting up. "But, we really have to go!"
"No, you can't just leave!" Mr. Beaver begged.
"He's right. We have to help Mr. Tumnus." Lucy said.
"It's out of our hands," Peter told her also standing up.
"I'm sorry," Peter said to the Beavers. "But it's time the five of us were getting home. Ed?" Peter asked looking around. Emma shot up in her seat and looked around.
"Where'd he go?" She asked anxiously.
"I'm gonna kill him," Peter said shaking his head.
"You might not have to." Mr. Beaver told them. "Has Edmund ever been to Narnia before?"  Emma nodded.