Chapter 18: Are You Thirsty? Drink My Blood!

Chapter 18:

Are You Thirsty? Drink My Blood!

   I slowly pushed my legs off the edge of the roof and let go with my arms as I fell to the solid concrete beneath. Dammit Terra… what kinda entrance was that?!

   I stood up and noticed I was next to a clear glass door where a large room was. The house was somewhat big and I seemed small even for standing on the balcony. I had to admit though; the room was very bland and empty. Without any life whatsoever… I guess it kinda reminded me of Shiki.

   I saw a shadow move around the room and a boy of around 12 stood before the glass doors. He glanced up in surprise and shock to see me. I seemed as if I was Slenderman just randomly standing there out of the blue. I think I would’ve freaked myself out as well.

   “Why hello there Shiki Senri,” I greeted through the glass. He slowly walked over to the doors and opened them, stepping out onto the balcony to study myself in suspicion. I bowed and smiled happily.

   “I haven’t seen you in years.” He said crossing his arms.

   I sighed, “I told you I’d come at the hardest of times. So, what you struggling with?” I asked stepping past him and into the room. I looked around the walls and photographs. There was a picture drawn by a young child… a boy I assumed was Shiki standing with a tall girl with golden/ medium length hair—I wondered…

   “Homework,” He replied softly and walked over to his desk. I saw a pencil, grid book, ruler and calculator in front of him. He sat on the chair and placed his chin into the palm of his hand thinking deeply.

   A million things were going through my head… wow this kid must’ve had some excitement in his life—um not! I thought I would be fighting off bullies again, guess not.

   “OK… what are you stuck on?” I asked him bending over his shoulder to see his work. I studied the equations for a moment or two before explaining what they meant.

   As I looked among the work, he pointed out a specific equation he didn’t understand. “The circumference of a circle? Right well there are two ways of working this out: You use the first example 2pi r (2x 3.141592654x radius) or pi d (3.141592654 x diameter).  Now, the radius is the smaller line, it only goes halfway through the circle. The diameter on the other hand goes all the way through. Just use those examples and it’s quite simple!”  I explained. Shiki looked up at me in confusion but looked down at his work once again.

   “Oh…” He mumbled, I couldn’t tell whether he got it or not, if he was just lying to make me happy. “So the smaller line you times by both 2 and pi and the longer just pi?” He asked. I smiled and nodded.

   He wrote down that as notes and I stayed with him for a bit longer until he finally understood it completely. “I must go now Shiki, well done.” I said and stood up. He stood up also. I ruffled his hair like last time and kissed him gently on the forehead. He stared at me in confusion again.

   “Where’d you go last time? You disappeared…” He spoke slowly and uninterested but I knew he desperately wanted to know. It was Shiki’s way of showing his interest.

   I didn’t want to lie to him, “I went off to see you here. I heard you were struggling so I came. I’m your Guardian Angel Shiki. I’ll see you soon OK?” I said and ran onto the balcony, leaping over the railing praying Terra was there. My lucky guess, she caught my hands and we blurred away once again, Shiki looked around searching over the balcony. He was worried but I guess I barely even said goodbye. I felt sad again and brushed a few tears from my eyes as we blurred into another forest like place.