74| cottage

Where we had ended up was stunning, a little cottage sat along the beachside, matching the perfect aesthetic. Flowers embedded the small patches of grass by the front gate. I would adore living in a place like this.

I was utterly mesmerised by the surroundings if it weren't for the windy weather I would sit here all day.

I stared with my mouth agape, it was so simplistic yet it was like a place you'd dream about.

I felt George grip my hand to get me moving, snapping me out of my trance.

The strong breeze made the rush to get into the home rather unpleasant, the sand blew around hitting my calf's harshly.

"Who lives here then?" I shouted through the loud noise of crashing waves and the wind surrounding us.

"You'll be happy to see them." He smirked dragging me even further. For the first time in a long time, I felt an excitement, part of me knew it wouldn't be Fred but I'd be happy to see any of the Weasleys at this moment.

"Katherine! George!" I heard a woman shout from the door, this made me run towards her even faster.

Fleur was still as beautiful as I remembered, then again I believed that would never change. She hugged me briefly before bringing us both inside and out of the cool weather.

"Your home is beautiful Fleur, Bill?" I turned to ask her and she replied by nodding her head behind me. I grinned turning around to see him stood resting against the door frame.

"Billius!"

"Kathy!" He shouted just a sarcastically, I rolled my eyes hugging him, he looked well, they both did.

"I will put ze kettle on!" Fleur interrupted, pushing by us in the small corridor to get through to the kitchen. "God, you look a mess!" Bill said mockingly, "you'd think you would have showered before coming to visit."

"Shut up, it's not like we almost died or anything." I pushed his shoulder playfully before joining George in the living room. He was only just placing his wand away making me arch a brow, "what are you up to?" I questioned flopping on to the nearest sofa.

"...nothing...thank you for everything you did back there," he grinned sitting beside me. I didn't reply just upheld a cocky and proud smile on my face, "alright calm down, I'm not calling you my hero or anything."

"You may as well, I am your hero!" I sang effortlessly l, I was going to revel in what I had just accomplished. Without me doing what I had done, we would both would be dead right now, I stand by that.

It's not every day you escape the clutches of over ten death eaters while being wand-less. I had every right to be proud.

"I have to go back you know..." I mumbled not intending on showing how much I didn't want to. I wanted to stay, of course, I did. But I also knew I had duties and I would not let them go for my own sake.

I kept thinking about Harry, how much we had argued the last time we were together. I expected he would feel some guilt, not that I wanted him to.

"You don't have to, you probably won't find them anyway." George sounded so unbothered by it all, I envied it. Things like this really got to me and he couldn't give less of shit. I would love to live a life like Fred and George, carefree, adventurous and entertaining. I never understood how I hated them for those things and yet admired them at the same time.

"I'll find them. I'm showering first though." I giggled drowsily, trying to force myself up of the seat, "you could do with one after too."

"You cheeky little-" George started but I was already sprinting out the room to escape him.

...

"Here 're some towels, the water 'does not run for very long, so keep it short. Also, the lock does not work but everyone knows you're in zere," I smiled gratefully at her before entering the bathroom. It felt as if this was the first moment to myself, no danger, no people, just me.

The bathroom was very small, exactly how you'd imagine one to look in a cottage-like this. The shower curtain was a floral pattern, and all the wash products were lined up decoratively on a shelf on the wall.

I felt disgusting, the most I had done in a long while was rinse myself off in a lake, I had never been desperate to clean myself up.

I stepped inside instantly feeling the relief as the warm water started taking the dirt off of me.

I honestly just couldn't wait to shave.

-

I was handed a spare toothbrush by Fleur and she left me again, I was happy to be at a home where I wasn't fearing for my life, I could relax. I stood in my towel brushing my teeth when I heard the door open behind me, "I'm in here!" I shouted in shock, I would quite literally be traumatised if Bill or George saw me in a towel.

"I don't mind, do you?" Fred huskily spoke and I screeched launching for him, "I'll take that as a no?" He chuckled hugging me back instantly. I backed away as my towel began to fall, he attempted to stop me but I slapped his hand away.

"How did you know I was here?" I questioned unable to stop smiling up at him, he looked the same, only more tired.

"George sent a Patronus as soon as you got here, but enough about that," he shut the door behind him making me roll my eyes, "don't roll your eyes, remember what happened the last time we were in a bathroom?" He smirked and so did I thinking back on it.

"I actually have put a lot of thought into this while I was away, I've decided to become a nun..." I kept a serious face on when mentioning it, he looked at me with squinted eyes at my well-timed joke. "But no I will not have sex with you in your brother and sister-in-law's bathroom." I gave him a proud smile before slipping past him outside.

I borrowed some of Fleur's clothes, talking for hours with Fred. How could I leave now? I had everything I wanted right here, and I was supposed to drop it all for a mission that we had gotten nowhere with. I couldn't break his heart again, surely not. It hurt me bad the first time, I couldn't go through with that again.