90| we go down together

Narrators POV:

Neville felt his heart racing. He felt responsible like he could've prevented it somehow. He was dreading telling the others. He had been tasked to find her and bring her to her brother. He failed, he was a failure in his own mind. It didn't delay him though, he pushed the thought to the back of his mind knowing full well this situation wasn't about him.

He was claiming the stairs a few at a time, anything could've happened to her in those few minutes. That's what worried him.

He would be prepared to take any criticism as long as they knew what had happened and that they would save her. He was used to the teasing or unjustified insults, he would take them all in this case. He convinced himself he was at fault.

He got to McGonagall's classroom not giving himself even a minute to breathe, "Snape- he went after Katherine!" Neville stuttered to the others as he slammed the door wide open, he was gasping for air which quickly gathered all the attention of those in the room. The shocked looks on all their faces were only making his heart beat faster.

It took everyone a minute or two before they could actually understand what Neville was telling them all.

Fred was the first to move, pushing by Neville without a care in the world. Harry rapidly went after him as soon as he had processed Neville's words.

The once silent halls were now echoing with the sound of shoes banging against the stone flooring, a flood of both adults and students chasing after the two that left first.

No one could trust Snape, not after everything he had done. They were all concerned about her life.

He murdered his confidant, his friend, all of their headmaster. They would have been stupid to trust a man like that.

Every single door, down every single corridor, was being opened for them to search. They were in a complete and utter panic. Fred the most. He was moving much faster than the others, after all, he wanted to keep his promise to her.

...

Katherine's POV:

"I have to what?" I shouted accusingly. This had to be some form of a trick. An easy way out for Voldemort. His inability to kill both Harry and me in the past may have proven too much for him.

This was Voldemort's fail-safe.

Snape's mouth opened to respond but he lifted his wand at the sound of the door opening.

It was Sirius, looking completely vengeful and infuriated. He was glaring at him with his wand tip facing him, not breaking eye contact. His eyes were darker than usual like he would commit murder without a second thought. It was protectiveness, worry and rage all mixed together.

"She's in here," he called out still looking Snape directly in the eyes. I watched as Remus, Arthur and Bill showed up behind him in the doorway, all looking just as concerned. "Katherine come here!" Remus demanded whilst Sirius made sure Severus didn't try anything. I made fast pace movements towards them, and they all pushed me to the back so I was out of view of him.

He was honest with me, although I didn't believe his intentions were pure, I didn't entirely believe he wasn't on our side.

I believed what he had told me, they couldn't do anything to him, they need to know what he explained to me. "Don't hurt him. You're going to want to hear what he has to say." I interrupted their fight for authority, grabbing Sirius' wrist, lowering his wand for him. At that time Snape disapparated only making Sirius angrier.

It raised the question, how did he apparate on school grounds? It's impossible. Unless...the school's constant protective enchantments were down or of now non-existent.

"Just let him go, he's told me everything anyway. You're not going to like it." I groaned seeing he was gone but waited for the rest of the order to arrive. I wouldn't tell a large number of people if Voldemort knew I had found out. We are all as good as dead.

I waited for everyone. But those I wanted to walk through the door didn't until much later. Harry ran to me first, clinging on to me for dear life. Sighing as his mind had only just been put at ease. Fred, however, looked devastated. He was reading my facial expressions, he knew what to expect and it terrified him.

He was frozen in place by the door, unable to face me. I ended up going to him, taking his hand to bring him closer to the rest of the group as he was physically unable to himself.

"The link is real. If Voldemort dies, so do I." I was straight to the point, no hard feelings, I said it as if it meant very little to me whether I lived or died, in some ways I seemed heartless.

"The bastard Snivellus is working for the enemy, we can't trust a word he says!" Sirius huffed getting agitated rather quickly, it was only when Remus placed a hand on his shoulder that he calmed down.

"We would be stupid to ignore it," I replied snappily, it wasn't a secret that the two of them despised each other, but I wasn't going to take a risk with this. "The link works both ways, if I die, so does he. That's if he is mortal." I looked at Harry looking for a sign of hopefulness that he had found another one. He smiled slightly but frowned within seconds.

"If you die? That's not happening!" He exclaimed, he had understood what I meant, making it clear for the others too. Harry's eyes sunk and he looked like he had the world on his shoulders.

Even Fred's eyes widened whilst he gripped my hand tighter. I felt his palms start to sweat in my hold but he didn't want to let go. I didn't think he would again, he would be stuck to me from now on, I couldn't let him die in the process.

"He only mentioned that I can't die at the hands of Voldemort." I looked around the room knowing full well that they all understood what I meant. One of them would have to do it when the Horcruxes are all completely destroyed.

Who? That was the real question...

- quite a short one but I'm tired <3