88| we will meet again

I felt his hand grip mine.

I didn't turn my focus on him. I kept my eyes focused on the students in front of us. I had our plan completely worked out in my mind.

I was frightened. Harry was too I didn't have to look at him to know that.

I gripped on to my brother harder as it finally started to sink in. It had gotten to the point where I believed it would never come. It felt unrealistic until now, now it felt more real than anything.

I kept seeing everyone's face flash before my eyes. Whether I was friends with them or cared for them, I saw them, their suffering, their deaths. I was making it harder on myself but it was as though punishing myself was the only way I would get through this and have the motivation to protect the people of Hogwarts.

"You need to go," Harry whispered releasing my hand, snapping me out of my trance. This was always the plan, Harry would confront Snape to catch his attention, while I would report back to the order. I turned to face him and he made a slight gap in the formation to allow me to slip out. We stared subtly smiling at each other as the group waited for us. He was the first to blink lifting his glasses to rub at his eyes; in this time I went. Leaving through the door to the staircase, leading me to the classrooms.

I stopped when I had gotten to the second floor as though I needed to inspect the place I used to call home.

It was abandoned. Everything looked untouched, it's like no one had set foot in it since I left.

The school would be destroyed and this is how I'd remember it. All the good memories I had in school mixed with all the bad just made me not want to remember them at all.

"Love?" I screamed jumping away from the noise, I held a hand to my heart as I tried to slow its beats down. "Sorry-" Fred stuttered with his annoyingly charming smirk.

"Why the hell would you come up behind me?" I gasped whacking him in the chest, he only chuckled slightly taking my hand whilst rubbing the back of it. The bags under his eyes made him look older than he was, it was attractive. It baffled me how no matter how worn down he looked, I still found him mesmerising.

"I know I'm good looking but can we go?" He grinned clicking his fingers in front of my eyes, I let out a scoff trying to grimace at his statement but inevitably began laughing.

I got to the door and saw the majority of the order stood inside, all sat in complete silence as they waited for my arrival. I hesitated, if I went in and explained the situation, the plan would be in motion. No turning back.

I felt Fred's arms drape over my shoulders as he twisted the doorknob himself, forcing me inside. "It's going to be okay..." he whispered before pushing himself off of me. I gave forced smiles to each member in the room but when I saw who I saw, it was no longer forced. I felt genuinely relieved just to see him alive and well.

"Sirius!" I screeched making my way through the desks to him as he held out his arms. I hadn't seen him in months, the thought hadn't even crossed my mind until now. He had been taking care of himself, that's what mattered to me most. I thought somehow he'd fall off of the wagon, lose himself or push people away. It hadn't been the easiest time for him, that I knew all too well.

"I'm glad you're alright kid." He ruffled my hair about giving me a small nod when speaking. I was overjoyed to see him, but it wasn't expected, this adds one more person that I care about is the risk of not making it out. It seemed never-ending at this point.

"I've only seen the Carrow siblings observing the halls, the school doesn't seem too surrounded by death eaters." I pushed myself up onto the desk beside Sirius facing all the others, "I have a bad feeling, surely if they thought we would show up here it would be crawling with death eaters?" I confessed, tying my hair into a ponytail.