11th

Dedicated to the person who has always supported my stories. She's been my fan ever since The Startled Princess. Thanks! ;) x

11th 

**

"Are you sure about this, Ellie?"

I sighed. Aaron has asked the very same question for more than twenty times now. "I'm sure. Don't worry too much about me. I'm not a kid anymore." I whined, rolling my eyes. 

"I'm not going to be able to pick you up, you know. You sure Gail could give you a ride home? Have you called her?" 

I nodded, rolling my eyes. "Yes, Sir. Do you have any other annoying questions to ask me?" I replied sarcastically, and actually lied to him. 

I hadn't called Ms. Gail to ask if she could give me a ride home. But I guessed, it's not a big problem, right? Aaron got some work to do so he couldn't pick me up later on. I lied to him because I knew he wouldn't let me go to Riley's if I hadn't called her. 

I flicked my eyes to his house, and spotted her black-convertible, parked safely in the driveway. She was home, and she definitely wouldn't mind sending me home.  

Aaron frowned. "I was just making sure."

"Well, now you're sure so I'm going inside!" I stated, and opened the car door, getting out of the car. "Bye!" I shouted, shutting the door. 

I pressed the bell, and waited for someone to open the gate. "Hey, Ellie!" I heard Aaron's voice, shouting my name. He had lowered the window down. "Don't be here for too long. I'm leaving at four so someone needs to watch Sophie at home," 

"I know, I know. Just go away!" I shooed my nosy brother, and hoped that someone would open the gate soon. 

He frowned. "Why do you hate me this much? Afraid of the fact I want to meet your new boyfriend?" he taunted, annoyingly. 

"Why're you being so nosy?" I retorted, shaking my head. Then I turned around as I heard the big, gold gate creaked. "Go away! Someone's opening the gate." I shouted at him.

Aaron sighed, resting his head on the steering wheel. "Whatever. I'm so terribly sad my sister is hating me because of her new boyfriend,"

I gave him a flat look. 

I saw he stole a peek at me, and probably realized his acting wasn't working. "Fine, fine. I'll go," Aaron shrugged, turning on the engine once again. "Just take care of yourself, okay?"

"Okay, okay."

I thought he was going after that, but he wasn't. "And say hi to Gail," he said playfully, winking his eye. 

"Ew, no."

Aaron laughed, and he finally said, "Bye, Ellie." And his car left the Flynn's residence a moment later. 

The gate was fully opened, and I couldn't help but to feel so small, and insecure. The house was really big, and it was nothing compared to mine. I couldn't see all this last night because it was dark. 

There's a mini garden on the left side, and it looked really beautiful. Maybe his mom or Ms. Gail loved gardening. And there was actually a garage that could fit in at least two cars. 

I walked down towards the door, and realized there was an old lady, waiting for me on the steps. 

The lady looked nice, though — much to my relief. She's got dark hair that was streaked with gray, and tied into a tight bun. She was wearing, which I guessed, a maid's uniform — the black and white one.