6th

• इन्हें समर्पित: lewafee

The chapter is dedicated to my real life best friend :D Ms. Jay who helped me a lot about this story. Wafa, here's the credit ILY ~ :D 

(UN-EDITED)

6th 

**

I was late — if Riley ever showed up.

I didn't know why, but I had a good feeling he'd show up — which was why I had been running all the way from the volleyball court to the place where we've met yesterday. 

The sun was descending, giving the ocean a sheen like liquid gold. On the beach, a few remaining families were congregated on towels near the water along with a couple of sand castles about to be swept away by the rushing waves. Terns darted in and out, hunting for crabs. 

I stopped for a few moments as I panted for breath, and sweat was trickling down my face. I knew this was ridiculous, but the last thing I wanted is showing up late. I didn't want Riley to think I was toying him or something. 

I tilted my head, looking over the spot — and there he was. Even with his back facing me, I knew it was him. And I was even sure when I saw Goggle — standing by his side. 

A huge grin stretched across my face absent-mindedly as I looked at him from far. I knew he'd come — I knew he didn't hate me. Being a hopeless romantic as I always had — I felt truly happy, and that weird sensation formed in my heart again.

I sped up my walk towards him, ignoring that I was still panting for breath. All I wanted was to be there, and talk to Riley. 

"Hi," I said, flopping down next to him, panting for breath. I turned my eyes to him, and noticed that he was scowling. "Am I that late?" I asked, biting my lips. 

He shrugged. "Yes. But I was actually enjoying the silence without you," Riley said, nodding. 

I smiled, "Sorry," I said apologetically. "But it's not my fault actually. I was here much earlier, but there has been, er, an accident."

"Accident?" He looked a little taken aback. 

I sighed. "I went to watch some volleyball game. But then — um, the ball knocked me down. So then I passed out for a few seconds." I told him what happened. 

He laughed. "Why it didn't surprise me?" 

"Shut up," I said, faking hurt. "It hurts. But the guy who was supposed to guard the ball apologized to me. And he seemed to regret it."

He asked me, still grinning. "What happened then?"

"I told him I was fine — and my head is actually strong like steel — and he doesn't have to worry about me. Then I realized I was late — so I ran all the way here," I said, stretching my legs forward. "The end."

Riley nodded, and he'd stopped laughing at me. "Well, your head is really strong like steel. That's why you're weird."

"I take that as a compliment. Being weird is cool."

He chuckled, shaking his head — and I found myself staring at him again when he laughed. 

Riley then turned his eyes to me. "I wonder what you look like," he suddenly said, frowning in confusion. 

I grinned, tapping my finger toes in the soft sand. "Well. To be truth, I look like Megan Fox," I joked, laughing. There was no way in hell, I'd look like Megan Fox. 

Riley snorted. "I don't believe that even for a second," he said,and he was probably rolling his eyes under those sunglasses. 

I laughed. "Okay, okay. I have green eyes which my dad said is big, and round. Then I have dark brown hair, and it's quite long — and sometimes bushy. I've also got chubby cheeks which my brother always said, it reminds him of dumplings," I paused, trying to think of something more about myself.

The Boy Who Lost His Sightजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें