49

"Happy Birthday Pol" Isaiah greets kissing her cheek, as the family met up at Charlies yard, "we know you didnt want a present but here" Charlotte says handing her a bottle of gin. 

"The train to London leaves in an hour, Arthur, Michael, you're coming with me." Tommy says handing Charlie a cigarette, which Isaiah lights for her, before lighting his own. "Tommy, i've got to take Gina to the hospital today" Michael replies, "a week ago, one of our most trusted men was killed by Jimmy McCavern. The man we're going to speak to in London is establishing a relationship with Jimmy McCavern. So, cancel your appointments, and Ada can take Gina to the hospital. And clean that shit of your shoes before you get in my car, eh?" Tommy says, "Michael, they will give it and give it, until your case is proven, and then they'll take it. From you, but mainly from me" Polly tells him, "Polly, you go to the hospital, speak to Aberama Gold. You tell him there is a strategy in place to avenge the death of his son, so not to do anything rash. And take with you the heartfelt condolences of the whole family." Tommy instructs, "why me?" Polly questions, "because Aberama Gold is in love with you, even got a haircut. And the smell of your perfume might help ease his pain." Tommy replies, "Thomas, Im 45 today." Polly says, "45 years old and still breaking hearts, eh?" Charlotte jokes, "to Pol" Arthur says raising his glass, "happy birthday Pol" they all add toasting to the family Matriarch. "Curly, organise a wagon to take Bonnie Golds soul to heaven. "Isaiah, Diego, go to the gym get all his stuff to burn with his body. Michael, turn the Bentley round, we have a train to catch," Tommy commands. "Lottie, you know what you got to do?" Tommy asks and she nods, "whats she doing Thomas?" Polly questions, as her niece kisses her husbands cheek, walking away from the yard. "A job" Tommy shrugs getting into the car.

-

"Chris, Lee, Stan." Charlotte greets hugging each of the men, "what can we do for you Charlie?" Chris asks as they take a seat in a booth at the Garrison, which was empty. "First of all, i'd personally like to invite you to Lizzies birthday. November 16th, Tommys house, ballet." Charlotte says and the men nod, "do any of you know anything about this man? Oswald Mosley" Charlie says placing a picture infront of them, "wealthy family, we are actually looking into one of his old cases at the moment. Used to have a cousin that lived round here. Whitbell or something." Chris says, "the leader of the fascist party? Born in 1896, heard rumours, not into drinks, drugs. Mainly women." Stan shrugs, "C, did you say Whitbell?" Charlotte asks, "something like that, yeah. Why?" Chris replies, "no reason, anything else?" Charlie states, "some kids at the Marquis were talking about a bond between him and someone called Jimmy McCavern, scottish lad. Also said he only started with the women again 2 years ago when a girlfriend broke up with him." Lee tells her, "anything about this girlfriend?" Charlie asks, "not from round here," Mr Morris shrugs. 

"You have a brother in Margate don't you Lee?" Charlie asks, "yeah" he nods, "has he happened to mention a neighbour, not that new maybe been there around a year and a half?" Charlie questions, "he has actually, muscular, got an awful scar on his face apparently. Nice though, bit of a strange vocabulary, Jewish too." Mr Morris informs and a small smile comes onto her face, "do you reckon you could get me the address? He's an old acquaintance, and i'd like to keep in contact" Charlie speaks, "sure, i'll give him a call later" Lee replies, "thank you" Charlie says.

"So how is everyone?" Chris asks, "Tommy is well.. Tommy. Arthur and Linda are on the rocks. Ada is pregnant. Diego likes cake. Isaiah is good. Polly is alright. Michael is married and has a child on the way. The twins are fine, growing up quickly, Finn got shot and Bonnie is dead." Charlotte says, "woah, thats a lot to process" Lee says, "Ada's pregnant, who's the dad?" Stan asks, "i don't actually know, haven't asked. Don't even think she knows i know." Charlie replies, "is Finn alright?" Chris questions, "yeah, got involved in something we told him not to, thats all. Hit his left arm. Much luckier than Bonnie" Charlotte sighs, "how's Aberama coping?" Lee inquires, "struggling," Charlie replies.